Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
To solely close it based on what is feared to happen would be wrong, but as I stated in the thread the post was also against the Geocaching Maine User Agreement.

And again, anyone can start a new thread discussing about what to do about caches that are listed incorrectly or how many have been wronged by an approver, just don't single out those individuals or caches.

Be sure to check out the new anythinggoescaching.com site, where there are no restrictive practices or censorship. Hiders are now allowed to place caches on bridges, bury them in cemeteries, and there is no distance restriction, they can be placed on top of each other. You are allowed to booby trap your caches with flying knives and adult oriented trade items are encouraged, as is food. You are allowed to log any cache as often as you like, even if you don't find it. Oh yes, that sounds much better than the dictatorship known as gc.com.
Why do you think people will start behaving like this? If you had the option to booby trap you cache with knives would you do it? I have no problem with caches on bridges I found some. I welcome buried caches, it would be a nice twist to use metal detectors and shovels, however it should be mentioned in cache description. Don't be ridiculous with booby traps. I welcome adult material in caches , kid unfriendly attribute already exists. Food in caches, no problem for me, if your cache will be eaten by wild animals you will not do it again. Do you need to take a **** into my cache? No problem I already put a toilet paper in one (TB2A9XY). Do you need to log your find hundred times? No problem with me, feel free to log any of my caches as many times as you wish even if you don't find it. Caches stuck on each other? It would be funny I hope I will find one day something like this. Don't get me wrong I'm not against guidelines I'm against enforcing them. Regulations will kill the progress. If you have a bad idea about placing a cache, this idea will die with your cache itself after time.