vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Courting Grandma

Default Courting Grandma

Here's a funny one from Dan!

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

You know, that picture just got me to thinking about one of my grandmothers who just passed away last month. About 6 years ago she t-boned another car here in Bangor. No one was hurt, but both cars sustained a fair amount of damage. She was talking with us a few days later and claimed that that was the first accident she had had in her entire life. I could not help but speak up and mention a story I had heard through my childhood in which as at a young age she had failed to stop at an intersection and drove her car under a semi-trailer, tearing the roof off the car. She promptly replied "That doesn't count, I was drinking at the time!"

Long live Nana's memory!

Might be a good thread for funny grandparent stories. Then again, I am one now, maybe that's not a good idea!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Got a big chuckle out of this one. Got to print it out and show the wife. Thanks for posting it.
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

That's a good one. I guess the lesson here is never ask someone what they think of you when they are under oath!

[] Too funny! I had to steal it and post it on facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    You know, that picture just got me to thinking about one of my grandmothers who just passed away last month. About 6 years ago she t-boned another car here in Bangor. No one was hurt, but both cars sustained a fair amount of damage. She was talking with us a few days later and claimed that that was the first accident she had had in her entire life. I could not help but speak up and mention a story I had heard through my childhood in which as at a young age she had failed to stop at an intersection and drove her car under a semi-trailer, tearing the roof off the car. She promptly replied "That doesn't count, I was drinking at the time!"

Long live Nana's memory!

Might be a good thread for funny grandparent stories. Then again, I am one now, maybe that's not a good idea!
    Whoa . . . very strange. My grandmother died last month too . . . and she was a Nana.

We're not related are we Dave? I mean maybe your Nana and my Nana are the same Nana.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    Whoa . . . very strange. My grandmother died last month too . . . and she was a Nana.

We're not related are we Dave? I mean maybe your Nana and my Nana are the same Nana.
    Wow, maybe! Was she old, have graying hair, and forgetful? Oh wait, I may be describing Mainiac there...
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

.....ooohhhhhhh....did she have any curmudgeon genes in her??????

Sorry Nana, no disrespect intended.
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

I can't stop laughing-That is so COOL.Thanks..

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Wow, maybe! Was she old, have graying hair, and forgetful? Oh wait, I may be describing Mainiac there...
    Hmmm . . . I was with you up until you said forgetful . . . she was still pretty sharp . . . I think you might have been thinking of Brad.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."