vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The first geocache in space!

I thought that caches such as location less caches or reverse caches as they were known before they were all archived were moved to Waymarking.com.

I should put a cache on my Jeep that you can only access if you find me and my Jeep in person and I allow you access to the cache. Heck, I'll fight the reviewers on it till I finally quit Geocaching because of yet another inconsistency.

I don't quite get having a Geocache which only a select few can be allowed to find. They mind as well put one in the Oval Office under the desk of the President. Or how about one deep inside Florence ADX supermax Federal prison in a cell next to the Unabomber? This is pure stupidity, and yet another example of the issues that are pissing me off :-)

Puzzles are like that, only a select few find them!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

A few Dan, a few! Lets just say, they know I am here!

I have actually started putting a few out down this way as well.

How many FTFs have you grabbed down there, pissing off the local cachers?

Chadd, I met someone from Nova Scotia who had had turned his truck into a travel bug. It's never dropped off at caches, but he's had lots of discoveries.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Yup, they sell the TB decals for your vehicle online that are discoverable. I thought of doing the same thing! But that's different than actually having a cache on your vehicle. A cache needs a set location with accurate GPS cords. Sorry but the ISS doesnt meet those criteria. I know it sounds really "cool", but it's a joke and shouldn't have been reviewed and published.

No one has said anything about the FTF's yet. Since arriving in July I have 115 down here, 845 total.

Wow.... and how many did you have in Maine? You should look at the profile for a cacher friend of mine here in Maine, Marcipanek. He has 217 (I don't know if that includes the ones he has gotten in the past few weeks) since he started caching in June or July of 2009.... he is a machine! The guy works 12 hour shifts overnight and when he gets home in the AM he runs for FTFs.... the two of us have gone for co-FTFs on some hard water caches. Heck, he had his anniversary dinner with his wife Monday night, and what does the guy do after they get done with dinner? He runs to Kennebunk from Saco for an FTF in the dark! Obviously, he wife is NOT a fan of Geocaching :-)

Default FTF runs

I've encountered gob-ler coming out of a goat path of a road at midnight in his van and all he said as we banged rear view mirrors was "You're too late!"

And the of course was a little incident he had with officer friendly in Madison at 2:30 AM in the middle of the winter, 20 below zero and Dick comes out on a snowmobile trail on snowshoes and the cop wants to know what's up. Dick answers, and correct me if I don't have this right " Just getting a little exercise, officer."

Get the idea, Chadd?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I believe my FTF count for Maine is 650. With over 6000 caches found the FTF to Regular find ratio is 13.5% which is not too bad.

I have had some other interesting encounters over the years. I once almost got run over by Laughing Terry. The hardest FTF ever and also my favorite was the Maine DeLorme Challenge.