vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sheesh! Where is Everyone?

Default Get on out there!

Met with fellow cachers at 7 AM this morning to discuss a geo-project and then headed south with Jim from Shuman Road Cachers to cache. Got to Bowdoinham and we both had our phones chiming an alert of a new one in Auburn. Got off 295 and drove slowly until the laptop found an unsecured link, downloaded the cache coords to a Nuvi and off we went to Auburn. Had a FTF at 8:18 on a Valentine's Day cache Martes put out.

Then on to the Portland area. Did 4 puzzle caches, one which is MIA and 10 others. 3 of the others were nice hikes in the woods with some challenging finds.

Lunch and a Bloody at DiMillo's and then a great find on Just Another Urban Micro, which is not just another micro by any stretch!!!

Grabbed some Dover Sole and oysters at Harbor Fish Market in the Old Port, great dinner and great day of caching!

That's where I was all day!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

This past week was crazy! The boy had a basketball practice Monday for 2 hours, a playoff game Tuesday ( which they won ), practice Wednesday, and the championship game Thursday. They won by 9!! My grandfather inlaw has been here from Florida all week to attend a funeral and then today I had to meet with a couple of my caching buddies for breakfast and then Dubord and I headed out to cache in Portland. Some wonderful hides on some very nice trails and some devilish urban hides. 19 finds and one FTF! Tomorrow I think I will go caching. I see the new cache on Webber pond br RCWHIT and thought it would be a nice walk since the weather is suppose to be nice
    once again. I need to cache now because in 2 or 3 weeks baseball starts. It is great to be a parent!!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

It was so hard to make the call not to go caching. Opted instead to do some light hiking, absolutely a great day to walk in the woods. Did get out to place the first of a series I expect to take the rest of 2010 to place....Maine's World Tour Cities and Maine's World Tour Countries.
    Got back home and fired up the grill to end the day.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Uggg.. I had to work today. Things are going nuts at work because some walked out of their job last night, so there's been some scrambling around to cover her upcoming shifts. Not fun.

I haven't found a cache since mid December. I'm itching to get out again. Soon. I've also found a nice area to place a bunch of caches.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

Day started with the dog having eaten part of my glasses (fortunately I could still wear them) during the night. Left at 8AM to get my hair cut at the beauty school and they don't do appointments on Sat. Drat - 3rd in line and only 2 students today. Got finished there at 11:15A. Drove to Sam's to get the glasses fixed. Parking lot was a jungle. Lines everywhere - even in the Eye Glass section. Wait - but the nice lady fixed them and for Free! But she did warn me when the dog does this they often don't stop with the bows........but continue on to the nose pads and the lens. Rushed home to meet the folks we were going to dinner with in Princeton. Off to Princeton at 1:30P and down Rt. 9. No caching today - but ate a wonderful dinner of Roast Beef cooked on an outdoor spit/pit fire and the trimmings - strawberry shortcake for dessert. This was a fund raiser for Greenland Point Conservation Camp. Enjoyed the food, company and fun. Back on the road Westbound on Rt. 9 around 7:45P Home around 9:45P. No caching today but a beautiful day for a ride. Saw deer and a huge owl. Tomorrow - well, that will be spent catching up on what didn't get done for home chores today.

Default My week

Not that anyone cares but... We got busier at work this week which is a good thing. Kathie has been gone all week so it was just me and the dogs. Yesterday I went out with the jeep club for a ride and then been watching the Olympics some. Today I want to find a few caches. Here in Bangor I think there are a few I need to do. Maybe a walk or two. Kathie will be home this afternoon so things will be back to normal. Plus it's Valentine's Day and it will be good that she's home.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Not that anyone cares but... We got busier at work this week which is a good thing. Kathie has been gone all week so it was just me and the dogs. Yesterday I went out with the jeep club for a ride and then been watching the Olympics some. Today I want to find a few caches. Here in Bangor I think there are a few I need to do. Maybe a walk or two. Kathie will be home this afternoon so things will be back to normal. Plus it's Valentine's Day and it will be good that she's home.
    Yup, got the same thing in mind, a few Bangor area caches on my to do list. Just getting a late start than I care for.......
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Happy Valentine's Day everyone. I may grab a cache today but just looking forward to a day with my honey.

Nice Carving BRDad,
    Great Capture on the detail,
    Bubba does some great carvings too.
    It can be tough, wood isn't as forgiving as Painting!!!
    Very Awesome and deserving of big bucks for sure!!!!!
    Carefull though, you may get accused of Being Dangerous!!!LOL!!!

Opalsns