vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ???

Why is the number two cacher anonymous?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Why is the number two cacher anonymous?
    Any cachers who feel they do not want to not participate in the list can opt out by sending an email to the site asking to be removed. If you scroll down the list, you will see a few others missing. One of them is me.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Any cachers who feel they do not want to not participate in the list can opt out by sending an email to the site asking to be removed. If you scroll down the list, you will see a few others missing. One of them is me.
    Good to know. Ben and I don't have enough finds to even be on the list, but if we ever do make it I'll probably choose to opt out. I've found 2 caches without him and he's found quite a few without me... so it doesn't seem fair to count us! In hindsight we probably should have set up two accounts but it never occurred to us that we may cache separately.

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post
    In hindsight we probably should have set up two accounts but it never occurred to us that we may cache separately.
    There is always the option of creating a second account for one of you and the other taking over the old account. Add and delete logs from the accounts as necessary to properly reflect your individual counts. I think most if not all cache owners including myself would accept your finds as long as you explained the situation in those logs.

Having separate accounts would also make it easier for me to delete logs from people like (Rhymes with Ben) when they don't let me win the card game.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by benandtina View Post
    Good to know. Ben and I don't have enough finds to even be on the list, but if we ever do make it I'll probably choose to opt out. I've found 2 caches without him and he's found quite a few without me... so it doesn't seem fair to count us! In hindsight we probably should have set up two accounts but it never occurred to us that we may cache separately.
    You are probably on there - there are a number of pages - if you look close.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    You are probably on there - there are a number of pages - if you look close.
    Hehe, I would never have noticed those additional pages! I get to the bottom of a page and don't think to go back up to the top to navigate, lol. For now I'll just ask to be removed and consider another account later.

Actually, I could always just take him with me to the two that I did without him and then our account will be an accurate reflection of his caching. I'm fine with that... and I'll just go along for the ride From what I've read on other threads I think that is a pretty common practice and I don't think doing so will bug too many people. Maybe I'll do that for now and I'll only do the second account if I hear it bothers people.

Default It's just a game Tina....

If it bothers anyone that bad, then they are taking it way to serious.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    If it bothers anyone that bad, then they are taking it way to serious.
    I agree with you Brad. We cache as a couple and sometimes (but not often) singly. I'm ok if someone wants to put an asterisk next to our find count. Life is too short to sweat the small stuff and geocache find numbers falls into the small stuff category.

Enjoy every step on every trail with your hubby. That's what it's all about
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country