vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Howdy from Bath!

Default Howdy from Bath!

Hey! I am very new to geocaching and am pretty excited to start! My girlfriend (sounds weird saying girlfriend at 40) and I were trying to think of fun things to do with the kids and here's where I landed. Have my first hand held GPS coming soon and am excited to start.
    I'm sure I'll have many questions and am very glad that this site is here to help. I've posted another thread about the Magellan I'm getting and the response has been very helpful!

Thanks, and I'm sure I'll run into some of you out there!
    Mike

You poor thing. You have no idea what trouble you are in now. there are no pills or treatment for this disease.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Hi! I work down to BIW. I just got started Geocaching last year. I have a grandson we take with us and the look on his face when he finds a cache is priceless! The older kids just love tring to be the first one to spot it. I'm sure you'll have a blast!
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

Being with my kids is exactly why I started! You guys will really enjoy this. There are dozens of great caches down your way to get started with. Have fun!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Thanks! I've been to geocaching.com and am wondering if there are any other sites to find and post coordinants? Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by mw.1970 View Post
    Thanks! I've been to geocaching.com and am wondering if there are any other sites to find and post coordinants? Any suggestions?
    There are several, none of which are anywhere near as prominent as Geocaching.com. Probably the most prominent in the US are Navicache and Terracaching. There is also letterboxing, which has been around for over 150 years but is a less refined but similar GPSr-less activity.
    Last edited by brdad; 02-18-2010 at 08:40 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default other cache site...

Have any of you hunted for any of the caches on these other sites?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I never have hunted a non-geocaching.com cache, though I have found a few caches which are listed on multiple sites. I have found a few letterboxes. It would be too much work to manage multiple sets of caches.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It probably would not be hard for me, especially with all the statitics reports that I compile for everyone and generate brdad. ( NOT) Ha. I did try to register with one of the sites to see what the caches were like, and you need 2 people to sponsor you, which does not seem to be an issue, as one just wrote me to sponsor. The caches look very far and few between however...like ONE and not in very many states. Interesting. Don't think I will continue to check into it. The site does not look very user friendly like geocaching.com.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Default Hometown is Bath

Hi, My hometown is Bath. I am currently living in Maryland but visit Bath on different occasions. Are there Geocachers living in Bath? Next time I am up that way I'd like to make contact with them.