vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Our first day caching

Default Our first day caching

We picked up our new gps last night (PN-40) and could not wait to start hunting so we went out and found our first one at higgins beach. This is going to be very addictive. I want to thank all of you for the helpful and sometimes confusing info on geo maine. I stumbled across this web sight a couple of weeks ago looking for places to snowmobile, If we only had snow. So after alot of research to confuse myself even more i said the heck with, got a gps, and started searching. Hope to see some of you out there tracking down caches.
    John & Teresa.

Welcome to the addiction, now the fun just now starts!!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Welcome to the addiction and the site! Feel free to ask questions or tell us stories of your travels.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Hope you have as much fun as we do! Maybe we'll see you at the next event!
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    We picked up our new gps last night (PN-40) and could not wait to start hunting so we went out and found our first one at higgins beach. This is going to be very addictive. I want to thank all of you for the helpful and sometimes confusing info on geo maine. I stumbled across this web sight a couple of weeks ago looking for places to snowmobile, If we only had snow. So after alot of research to confuse myself even more i said the heck with, got a gps, and started searching. Hope to see some of you out there tracking down caches.
    John & Teresa.
    You know, there may or may not be snow for sledding, but there will always be caches that need finding!
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Thanks everyone. My wife fell ill after first cache yesterday but we made up for it today with 10 finds and 1 dnf. Now i just have to post them

Quote Originally Posted by team barbieri View Post
    John & Teresa.
    The great thing about caching is that in a winter like this one . . . the sledding may be pretty much non-existent (unless you want to trailer the sleds), but it just means you can get out and do some caching . . . so either way it's a win-win situation.

P.S. In the winter time I usually spend most of my time sledding vs. caching . . . but one event I have been sort of, kind of attending in the past is a winter camping event up near Abbot . . . simply because I could get on my sled at my house and ride to it . . . which was pretty neat.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Hi !My name is Don--[God grant me the serenity
    to accept the things I cannot change;
    courage to change the things I can;
    and wisdom to know the difference. Welcome to the fold

We took our granddaughter out yesterday for her first time caching. She had a blast finding the three we took her to.

We have noticed there is alot of caches that are not properly marked or not marked at all. When logging our find should we note that? On another note we are having a great time hunting and we are up to 30 finds (only hunt on weekends, and the weather has not helped) I picked up my first travel bug and we are looking foward to help it on its journey