vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aloha! "Let's get Tropical" GC22G40

Hybrid View

Default Aloha! "Let's get Tropical" GC22G40

GC22G40

Well, today the Hostess, Host and I met at the building. Although a familiar place (as the last Maine Pirate Quest Event was held here), significant changes have been made to the venue.

The Host, mainiac1957, and Hostess, Quilting Mom, have a class act event planned for you. Some neat participatory events (things for kids too) and of course time to socialize, eat and whoooohhhh at least one cache near the venue if you have not done it.....

Now, I know they have not posted here yet so thought I would start the thread..........

This thread on GCM is where to tell them what you want ......are you ok with participation events such as an adult relay, hula hoop contest, etc? Would teams be ok? OR - Would you rather be just sit around and socialize? What about a socializer type Bingo - OR are you tired of these? All of the logistitcs for the event should be posted here.

Kids will have their own events. Hopefully there will be something for all ages. If you think this should just be a big social rather than any fun things to do - again - post your wishes here on this site.

Mainiac1957/Quilting Mom will be watching this site and may make some adjustments based on your posts.

There are a few things which should be posted on the Geocaching.com site so those who may not visit here will be aware - they are: you are coming and how many; what you are bringing for a pot luck dish/food/beverage - any specific concerns you have.

Things which should be posted here are communications with mainiac1957 and Quilting Mom about activities at the event (PMs and EMs are ok too); special needs; special concerns; and any other thoughts you may want to publically share.

Regretfully, this venue does not yet have wifi capability (I am working on it but it probably won't happen before the event)! They do, however, have plenty of space to set up laptops to demo GSAK. So if that is an interest - post it here so folks can bring their equipment. We are not time restricted so if you need help - let us know here so it can be arranged.

It would be helpful to know how many hot dishes are coming..........and if for the food contest - please make sure you register your dish when you arrive - hot or cold. More details will follow on this.

Last but not least - I am opening this post for mainiac1957 and Quilting Mom to add to, get information from and post information to......the GC.com page is to indicate you are coming and what you are bringing for pot luck (so those from away will have the info).

Watch the event page as it is subject to revisiion and changes as this fun event evolves.

I like the socializing bingo idea. I participated in a little fun game down here that I would like to set up.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Hula stuff!

Scratch the hula hoops, break out the hula skirts!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    Scratch the hula hoops, break out the hula skirts!
    Now we know what Dan is wearing!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I like the socializing bingo idea. I participated in a little fun game down here that I would like to set up.
    Mainiac1957 and Quilting Mom would be the ones to talk to in a PM or EM about this. It is their event. Although most hosts/hostess welcome help - it is usually of more the general sense. I am sure they would welcome your input but know they have a lot planned alread.

An event is only a limited number of hours so the activities can only be so long.

At the moment we are a solid maybe for this event If we are able to, we will definitely be there. If we do attend, Ben and I would be happy to help out in any way we can! Please let us know if there is anything at all we can do

As for activity preferences... we'd be up for anything! Ben usually spends most of the time at events discovering stuff, but he is super competitive so he'll play games if they are there. I imagine that people who don't want to play games will just choose to socialize with others not playing.

I loved the social Bingo from the Last Cashe Bashe, so I'd definitely be up for taking part in that again! I think it would be really neat to do something like the Bingo, but the fields on the Bingo card will have the names of trackables that have been dropped in the event. In order to get Bingo you'd have to find all the trackables in a row and write down their codes. That would probably be difficult, though, since a lot of people don't drop their trackables in until just before the event.

I thought the craft table at the Celebrate 2009 event was an incredibly cute idea and although it was meant for kids, I may or may not have made a little yarn kite for myself hehe

Default Wish I could go

I wish Jon and I could attend this event, but it's our skiing weekend that we've planned for a long time. It sounds like a lot of fun and I like that you are keeping the kids in mind. Collect a lot of laughter and stories for me. They are always great things to share.

We plan to be there, probably stay overnight and do some caching. We don't do limbo or hula hoops... I would just as soon socialize or watch events, probably not participate. I plan to bring a Tropical Chicken Salad. I had planned to bring a cake too but the ingredients were too exotic to find. Set up events and let people do what they want. That works for me!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Everyone - thanks for your comments and suggestions. After some consultation, I have a bit more to let you know some of the events they have planned, without letting everything out of the bag…. Like I said above they plan to have time for socializing and eating, but they also have some pretty neat games planned… some for adults and some for kids. None of the games are overly strenuous and should be a lot of fun if you enjoy having a lot of fun and laughing a lot. Yes, I heard a rumor of a hula hoop contest (and if Dan wants to wear a hula skirt that's ok).

Kids will have their own events. They are planning on something for all ages. Mainiac1957 and Quilting Mom are trying to make sure there is something for everyone without it being too busy an event, so that the parents don’t get to enjoy the day, but being parents they know that keeping the kids busy also helps parents have a better day.

What should still be posted on the Geocaching.com site, so that those who may not visit here will be aware - They are: you are coming and how many; what you are bringing for a pot luck dish/food/beverage - any specific concerns you have. (Please note: Quilting mom is allergic to mushrooms, seafood and strawberries, so please mark your dishes so she does not eat anything she shouldn’t. Thank you).

Things which should be posted here are communications with mainiac1957 and Quilting Mom about special needs; special concerns; and any other thoughts you may want to publically share.

Last but not least---Watch the event page to see all who are sponsoring this event…there are many prizes that will be given away. Mainiac1957 and Quilting Mom have put a lot of thought into this event, come out and show them your support. We need to have a few more family-oriented events like this and Karen’s. Your support will let them know that this is what you want too.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    (Please note: Quilting mom is allergic to mushrooms, seafood and strawberries, so please mark your dishes so she does not eat anything she shouldn’t. Thank you).
    That is a very considerate suggestion! As someone who also has food allergies, I know what a pain it is to have to eyeball stuff, make a guess and hope for the best, lol.

Whenever I make something that contains common allergens (eggs, wheat, nuts, seafood, etc.) that can't be seen by looking at the food (ex. hidden nuts in cookies) I try to make a note of it on the container. It's really nice of you to suggest this since the last thing anyone would want to do is make our hostess sick!