vb:literal>

Thread: Hinckley Park needs your help

Default Hinckley Park needs your help

The cache at Hinckley Park, http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...4-1effefd9cba5 is in bad shape. The owner has not visited GC.com in almost a year, and has not responded to repeated requests to dry out the cache.

If you are in the area and want to do a good deed, perhaps you can help save a pretty nice cache. Otherwise, it should be archived or adopted.
    Last edited by tat; 05-15-2005 at 08:11 AM. Reason: spelling!

Sadly, this is another case of someone "discovering" geocaching, and immediately deciding that they aren't cachers until they've put out their own cache. They then move on to other interests and cache deteriorates.

We always carry extra notebooks and plastic bags to help a needy cache. Hopefully somone will do the same for this one. I really hate to see caches archived because of neglect...

Default It's not really sad...

I appreciate everybody's effort. So, I although I miss people when they move on, I'm not sad that they abandoned their cache or that they placed the cache. On the other hand, we all need to look out for caches that need attention so that others do not see geocaching as trash in the woods.
    Last edited by tat; 05-15-2005 at 11:32 AM.

You do mean, don't see geocaching as trash in the woods,right?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Default Ooops...

I left out one small but very important word! Thanks, Haffy

Post Helping out

The team will stop by on Wed. to check and repair the cache. We have sent off a few emails to see if we can help out in the future. We did this cache earlier in the year and liked the area. Thanks, Tat.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Default I can try to help.

I had plans on searching this cache out this week. I've never been to this site even though I'm fairly local about 10 - 12 miles away. I will pack some stuff that would enable me to replenish logs and such. (Thats if I can find it) I may even be able to adopt it if the original owners don't wish or are unable to do so.

Thumbs up Cache maintained

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    The team will stop by on Wed. to check and repair the cache. We have sent off a few emails to see if we can help out in the future. We did this cache earlier in the year and liked the area. Thanks, Tat.
    The team took care of Hinckley Park yesterday. We replaced the old container with a new smaller one. Alittle easier to hide, in the exact same place. We used as much of the the original contents that was salvagable, and replaced the log book. We even added some new swag. Have not been able to contact owner, and have not heard back from GC.com yet. Please stop by and enjoy. And thanks to Tat for bringing this to our attention.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.