vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tracking Did not Finds

Default Tracking Did not Finds

Is there a way to check your dnf's or do you have to mark them somehow ( like watching them) to see if anyone finds them after you dnf. There probably is not a list on your find page is there? I would assume not since it is eluding me. I was wondering if there was any easy way to go back and look a them.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Default DNF's

I just put them on my watch list to see if I was having a numb spell or whether they're gone. I used to occassionally log that the cache had to be missing if I couldn't find it, but gave that practice up when I learned that there are plenty of 'em that I just can't find when other cachers make what they call "easy finds."
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default I do it through GSAK

I mark my DNF's in GSAK then put them on my watch list to see if they are found or not. After awhile I take them off watch, but when I look again I'll know I DNF'd it before.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Is there a way to check your dnf's or do you have to mark them somehow ( like watching them) to see if anyone finds them after you dnf. There probably is not a list on your find page is there? I would assume not since it is eluding me. I was wondering if there was any easy way to go back and look a them.
    Yes, there is.

Go to GC.com, click on "Your Profile", click on "show all logs for geocaches".

This lists your finds and DNF's.

Just don't log your DNFs! Problem solved!
    Or, as some of those who play their own way, just log it as a find anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Yes, there is.
    Go to GC.com, click on "Your Profile", click on "show all logs for geocaches".
    This lists your finds and DNF's.
    Actually, Bruce, you can take that one level more by clicking on the link for DNF logs only. http://www.geocaching.com/my/logs.aspx?s=1&lt=3
    Last edited by brdad; 02-27-2010 at 09:14 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Or you could......

Bookmark the cache, then review them later.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

Actually, Bruce, you can take that one level more by clicking on the link for DNF logs only. http://www.geocaching.com/my/logs.aspx?s=1&lt=3

Wow! That was fun to look at! I never used that filter before. Too bad the DNF listing doesn't get erased when you go back and find the cache later! Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post

Wow, that's a huge list
    Moo

I was kind of hoping to check on some and see that the owner had checked and agreed they were not there, and that I was not as blind as I thought. Of course, most will probably list another cacher saying " EASY FIND". thanks for the input. I will check my past logs in the profile and see which ones they were. Maybe from now on I can put a watch on them and know whether to go back and look again. Thanks everyone for all the info. We did a couple on the way home from the WW event of Mapachis, bend in the seven, (and one other one about the seven that I listed dnf) , and I could not find either. You win some , you lose some.

I just checked my dnf list like advised and it works great. Thanks!!