vb:literal>

Thread: Maritime-Geocaching Updated Site

Default Maritime-Geocaching Updated Site

Hey All!

We, the MGA are redoing our website and wanted the world to know! We've moved to a NEW url, but will have the old URL and forum content moved over shortly. Same Great people, Slightly different location.

Since you're our closet neighbors to the south Aka "America-Land" I thought I'd let you know about our site since you're more then welcome to cache on our "turf"

We've been around since 2003, and are looking at a bright future! We'll be celebrating our 7th anniversary this year and welcome everybody to come out and enjoy!

A little about us:

Maritime Geocaching Association

Not all those who wander are lost...

Welcome to the home of Geocaching in the Maritimes! If you are a fan of Geocaching, an avid geocacher, or just curious about the sport, then this is the site for you. We are an association of Geocachers in Atlantic Canada and beyond who have pooled our resources together. If you are new to the sport, or an experienced finder, you should find something of aid here.

What is Geocaching?

Geocaching is an entertaining adventure game for GPSr (Global Positioning System Receiver) users . Participating in a cache hunt is a good way to take advantage of the wonderful features and capability of a gps unit. The basic idea is to have individuals and organizations set up caches all over the world and share the locations of these caches on the internet. GPS users can then use the location coordinates to find the caches. Once found, a cache may provide the visitor with a wide variety of rewards. All the visitor is asked to do is if they get something they should leave something for the cache.

The word Geocaching comes from GEO (geography), and CACHING - for the process of hiding a cache.

You can also visit the Discussion Forums, where our cachers talk Geocaching specific to the Maritimes and other topics relevant to our sport.

Want to join?

Want to be a member? Great! We'd love to have you! All you need do is create a forum account and join in the conversation. That's It!

I urge GeocachingMaine.org members to try The Maritimes. RULost2? and I have been geocaching in Maritime Canada many times, and in fact, some of our favorite caches were located there. And we're going to try and make it to an event in St John, New Brunswick on Mar 14th. Lots of fun.

Default How I agree!

It looks like Jon and I will might be making it to the Nova Scotia event. Seattle is out. Do check out the Maritime Provinces. Lovely people come from that place!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen View Post
    It looks like Jon and I will might be making it to the Nova Scotia event. Seattle is out. Do check out the Maritime Provinces. Lovely people come from that place!
    Yes they do!