vb:literal>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Creepy Crawlies

Quote Originally Posted by ekidokai View Post
    big spiders in guard rails down there.

oh thanks!!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Ill just wear a pair of thick leather gloves I think...and use a stick...

When I was researching our trip to California in December one of the caches had a link to information about mountain Lions. Yikes! It was a very informative piece about how to tell if the animals are stalking you, and what to do. RUN wasn't one of the choices! We ended up not going to that preserve, but it made us pretty cautious in the places we did go! Another concern there is black widow spiders, but they're not as active in the cooler winter weather, fortunately. The creepiest cache we ever found was right here in Maine, with a HUGE spider sitting in its web right on top of a GRC! I made David get that one!

Default Definition

"The creepiest cache we ever found was right here in Maine, with a HUGE spider sitting in its web right on top of a GRC! I made David get that one!"

Define huge. According to my wife, anything large enough to see from three feet away is "huge".

Told you so ...there are bad things that bite here LOL
    http://www.wcsh6.com/news/local/stor...115274&catid=2
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I had to make a sig just because of this topic, it is what it is I guess..
    If you are born to hang, you'll never drown.

Default Florida

I went to a presentation in Orlando a few years back and went out to find a TB hotel to exchange a few coins and put Florida on my map. Well, the cache led me to this little patch of trees outside of the Orange County Civic Center and as I was walking through the tall grass in order to reach the trees I thought to myself "Am I doing this wrong?" I grew up in Maine and lived here for most of my life, so the idea of walking through tall grass and reaching into holes is not a big deal. By the time I reached the cache (A very nice set up with an ammo can) I had freaked myself out to the point where I found a 10 foot stick, pulled the can out, banged the can a few times to make sure nothing was on/in it. Signed the log and ran like hell. I'm just not used to that kind of thing!! Snakes and Spiders and Ticks oh my!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

You know these things only bite the don't rip and crew. Oh wait crocodiles, never mind, but that's it. Even in Maine besides the big mosquito's we don't have anything real bad. Oh wait, bears and dogs and mean turtles and badgers.

Oh never mind, now I'm scared.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Fins,,,I headed to that exact cache by the O C Civic center last month by myself, STARTED, and never did make it in.....Good for you!!
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

We found a real nest and a real mouse running out of it. He probably never thought someone would be poking their hand in there.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."