vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Take ideas?

Having done the Fizzy and reading the Cache Adventures Thing, it is good that I was not up there or the FTF would have gone to someone else. The Fizzy took months to complete and there were more than a couple of the Fizzy caches that were quite the challenge.

There are Several Fizzy's out there including one in MA I believe. Usually if you have qualified for one you can find and log the others unless there are state restrictions and I am not aware of any of the latter.

Good luck with the cache Idea. It is a big challenge and a worthwhile undertaking.
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I was just reading some of the guidelines and something was written about ALR's, and them not being allowed....how does it apply to these types of challenge caches?

""Logging of All Physical Caches

Geocaches can be logged online as Found once the physical log has been signed.
    If it is appropriate for your cache location or theme, you may ask the cache seeker to accomplish an optional and simple task, either close to the cache site (normally within 0.1 miles or 161 meters) or when writing their online log. For example, wear the goofy hat inside the cache container and upload a photograph. Cache finders can choose whether or not to attempt or accomplish optional tasks. Cache owners may not delete the cache seeker's log based solely on optional tasks.
    This guideline change applies immediately to all logs written from April 4, 2009 and going forward. Older caches with "additional logging requirements" (ALRs) are not grandfathered under the older guideline. If you own an existing cache with mandatory additional logging requirements, we request that you:

• Cease deleting logs based on additional logging requirements.
    • Review your own cache listing to see if the ALR can be made into an optional and simple task, or whether it must be removed altogether.
    • Adjust your geocache listing by editing the text then contact a reviewer to change the cache type, if appropriate.""

Mystery or Puzzle Caches

Challenge caches incorporate special logging requirements and are listed as Mystery/Puzzle caches. Typically they require the seeker to have previously met a reasonable geocaching-related qualification (Waymarking and Wherigo qualify too, of course) such as first finding a cache in every county in your state. If you are thinking of creating such a cache, please include a note to the reviewer demonstrating either that you have met the challenge yourself, or that a substantial number of other geocachers would be able to do so.
    The intent of the two guidelines is to prevent the negative effects of log deletion without eliminating challenge caches.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Ahh ok so I should have read more into it. These Mystery or Puzzle Caches are the exception. Thanks! I will be putting something together soon I think.