vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Take ideas?

Default Take ideas?

I was wondering if its accepted that I "steal" an idea that another state has used for a cache....i was thinking like a http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...E8N&Submit6=Go

Except in Maine.....and possibly without the no caches before certain time...what do you guys think?

As long as your version is ok with our local approver I don't know why you couldn't do it.

I'm not sure I'd limit caches before a certain time; I'd more likely limit caches after a certain time. That prevents people from hiding caches to make the challenge easier.
    Last edited by brdad; 03-07-2010 at 10:03 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

We have a similar cache called the Maine adventure cache challenge.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Is there a compiled list of all these adventure/challenges in maine, has anyone done it?

Brdad is the guru on those things.

Last edited by brdad; 03-07-2010 at 10:32 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I just took a quick look, but this seems similar. Maine's Adventure Challenge GC1VWN8.

The difference is the Difficulty and Terrain.

I'm not saying I would not do your challenge idea, I just wanted you to be aware of the similar challenge.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 03-08-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I just took a quick look, but this seems similar. Maine's Adventure Challenge GC1VWN8.

The difference is the Difficulty and Terrain.

I'm not saying I would not do your challenge idea, I just wanted you to be aware of the similar challenge.
    FTF on this challenge
    Moo

To me the Maine adventure challenge and a Fizzy Challenge are not even on level playing fields. The only closeness, to me, is the Fizzy does require you to have one of all the cache types in the combination of 81 caches you must do.

Finding 6 caches and a coin with an icon you don't already have is a honorable daily adventure - for sure. But not the same playing field as Fizzy.

I believe there are a few on here who have either completed a Fizzy or are working on it. Perhaps they will comment on this thread.

Last time I looked, even without caches excluded by date of find, I am a long way from completing what it would take for a Fizzy. Now the Maine Adventure, I see that happening in a well planned day of caching - with it as a goal.

Publish one and they will come (eventually).

You may also want to read the terms and conditions, they spell out the legalities of intellectual property and copyright infringement.

But, it's probably easier to ask the cache owner. Usually, this is perceived as the highest compliment! You will probably make someone's day.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.