vb:literal>

Thread: H1N1 Clinic

Default H1N1 Clinic

There is an H1N1 clinic in Augusta at the Buker School off of Armory Street. They are taking people as the arrive.

I was put on standby as there were not many folks in line.

The clinic goes til 3:00 pm today December 17th, 2009
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

Jsut heard about a recall of 800,000 kids doses down here in the Carolina's yesterday. Any word of that up there?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Jsut heard about a recall of 800,000 kids doses down here in the Carolina's yesterday. Any word of that up there?
    Yup. Since you moved down there, we've got TV, Internet, newspapers, and a lot of new information sources.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Yes, the news is Nation wide. It was the injectible vaccine pre-drawn in single dose vials (pediatric doses for little kids 0.25cc), I believe. I was told Maine received none of that vaccine. I know the one clinic I worked with pre-drawn vaccine it was for adults and a different lot number.

Our Director of Public Health is saying it is just a weak dose and these children would be receiving a booster in 1 month. Other than a weakened dose there is nothing wrong with the vaccine is what we are being told.

Also on the news tonight, clinics are being opened up to all population not just high risk groups. This is good.

The worst it does is turn you blue.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

The Kno-Wal- Lin in Rockland was giving shots to all age groups this week, no charge. I don't know if this is happening each week or not.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

H1N1 as far as I have heard right now is all Government vaccine - there should be no charge but they are allowed to charge a "reasonable" administration fee. Regular flu vaccine and pneumonia vaccine there is usually a charge (except for children under 19 if it is state vaccine). Many tiers to the equation.

Thanks for the update on a clinic. It is also on the Maine State web site where clinics are being held.

Yes the state site is good.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.