vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gob-ler update

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    Some of you may recall that I had a knee injury a year and a half ago that bothered me for a while. I worked through it and kept after the caches.

A month ago I was visiting over Maryland way and the knee starting hurting again. Had an MRI last week and the word is a torn Meniscus and a trip to the Knee Spe******t next week.

So my caching rate has dropped off a bit. Hope to get back at it soon.

I did manage a FTF today!
    Been there done that. The surgery is a piece of cake.
    Blazing Troll

Default Knee surgery

The surgery IS a piece of cake but that doesn't mean you'll be "good as new" a week later, Dick. The older you are the longer it will take to recover. While I was up and walking within 3 days and didn't need any of the high test pain killers they gave me, I was still 4 weeks in PT and didn't start racketball for 6 months. Now I can go full tilt on it with occassional swelling, put very little pain.

Here's one idea that has worked very well for me: Vitamin D-3, 2000 mgs. each day. I started on this after reading an article by a prominent orthopaedic surgeon. Within 3 days a lot of generalized joint pain I have had disappeared. I was amazed. It's being touted as a "miracle" drug although it's a vitamin and one that we don't get enough of with the typical American diet.

Last thought, I went to Orthopaedic Associates in Portland and had the surgery done by Dr. Brown. All he does is knee scopes....period. No wrists, backs, replacements, hips. With 35 years of just knees you have to think you increasing the odds in you favor by picking a surgeon like him.

Good luck with the knee, Dick. I'm sure you know it's time to get it done. Don't want the knee to impact turkey hunting!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Gob-ler, geocacher. A man barely alive. Gentlemen, we can rebuild him. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's first bionic geocacher. Gob-ler will be that man. Better than he was before. Better, stronger, faster.

Watch out world . . . Gob-ler . . . the world's first Six Million Dollar Bionic Geocacher.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Oh crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I must admit FFJ, you made me smile and also made my day!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

Gonah be a Gimmpy Gob-ler!! Get better quick Dick!

Hope you are soon repaired and back on the trail!!
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Hey Dick...

I hope you heal quickly and before you re-injure yourself being overly eager to get back on the trail. Now as far as our buddy Dubord goes.... I'm not so sure I'd take his advice. His own mother told me that Dan will give you any number of stories as to why he got better. But SHE told me that he will mend well because she will beat him with a stick if he doesn't take it easy on that knee. I swear to you - that's a true story!