vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: News Flash - Stud Mill and Star Wars is for wimps!

Default News Flash - Stud Mill and Star Wars is for wimps!

I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

I overheard this earlier and forced myself to believe it was just a nightmare.
    Thanks a lot (NOT!) for setting me straight!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I panned out far enough so I could look around the Marine Corps base I was stationed at in the desert out there. Twenty-Nine Palms. Good grief, it'll be a while before Maine gets cache density like they've got out there. Explored some of the caches located in the Joshua Tree National Park. Pictures posted there bring back memories from over thirty years ago. Awesome. One of these days, maybe JustPJ66 and I will get out there and post pictures of our own.

Quote Originally Posted by Gob-ler View Post
    WoW this is pure awesomeness
    Moo

I can't imagine someone actually doing this. What a way to really screw up peoples PQ's and put a dent in the game. I have to say if this kind of stuff continues to show up everywhere, I'd probably just plain give up the game. I guess when I started caching, I really enjoyed the thrill of not really knowing where I was going to end up and the finding of new places, trail systems I didn't know existed, and having another reason to be outdoors. When I see stuff like that, i think where is the thrill of seeing something at the location? If I was to do a trail like that, I think I'd physically find one cache on each end of the trail, then log them all with "Seen one, seen em all". Chances are you can probably see the next 5-10 caches from each location.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    I can't imagine someone actually doing this. What a way to really screw up peoples PQ's and put a dent in the game. I have to say if this kind of stuff continues to show up everywhere, I'd probably just plain give up the game. I guess when I started caching, I really enjoyed the thrill of not really knowing where I was going to end up and the finding of new places, trail systems I didn't know existed, and having another reason to be outdoors. When I see stuff like that, i think where is the thrill of seeing something at the location? If I was to do a trail like that, I think I'd physically find one cache on each end of the trail, then log them all with "Seen one, seen em all". Chances are you can probably see the next 5-10 caches from each location.
    You don't have to do power trails if you don't like it. There should be an additional attribute to the cache called coolness, how cool is the place, GRC a LPC would be rated usually as 1, and caches like this http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...f-347a1f080a38 would be rated as 5. Then you can filter out and do only cool caches
    Moo

Default Holy crap!

I wonder if those were all placed in one day and it looks like they were reviewed and published in one day. The phones and emails must have been smoking.

As I posted in that thread, that I will probably never look at again, I'm sorry.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Look at the bright side, it would make it easy to do your cache maintenance!
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

Default Maybe

Quote Originally Posted by rcwhit View Post
    Look at the bright side, it would make it easy to do your cache maintenance!
    Unless someone just said, "One of the caches needs maintenance....you find which one."

Oooo! And it's near Vegas, too! ROAD TRIP!!!
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.