vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Watched?

Default Watched?

Maybe there is already a thread on this but I cant find it....Does anyone else out there not like to be "watched" while trying to find a cache? Whether it be by the random public or even my wife sitting in the car while I search beside the road...I especially dont like to try to find a cache while others that know where the cache is, are watching me...just makes me feel...uncomfortable...i dont know....anyone else have these feelings?
    If you are born to hang, you'll never drown.

Sort of. I tend to be hyper-aware of muggles and the possible result of the cache being taken. I know of some cachers that will wade into a crowd, make the find and move on without a second thought. I tend to go opposite of that, to the point of passing up a cache if there is even a hint of a non-cacher who may see it. That said, I do enjoy explaining caching to non-caching public.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default Watchers

If you don't like being watched while searching, don't hit up
    GC229E4 during normal business hours. Drwhogrl and I did this one during the day on a Thursday and as we were near ground zero, one employee was entering the nearby business and within seconds, all the employees were glued to the windows watching us search until one came out to assist. He said they were curious as to what the heck people were looking for until he asked. He said now they just watch, laugh, and wait to see if people find it before anyone comes out to offer assistance. Crazy.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by masterson of the universe View Post
    If you don't like being watched while searching, don't hit up
    GC229E4 during normal business hours. Drwhogrl and I did this one during the day on a Thursday and as we were near ground zero, one employee was entering the nearby business and within seconds, all the employees were glued to the windows watching us search until one came out to assist. He said they were curious as to what the heck people were looking for until he asked. He said now they just watch, laugh, and wait to see if people find it before anyone comes out to offer assistance. Crazy.
    HAHA yeah, I have been by here a few times wanting to grab this cache and I havnt due to that fact...I will definitely have to wait till after store hours...
    If you are born to hang, you'll never drown.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonsouth View Post
    Maybe there is already a thread on this but I cant find it....Does anyone else out there not like to be "watched" while trying to find a cache? Whether it be by the random public or even my wife sitting in the car while I search beside the road...I especially dont like to try to find a cache while others that know where the cache is, are watching me...just makes me feel...uncomfortable...i dont know....anyone else have these feelings?
    I don't like caches where there are other people around. I much prefer woods and wildlife. That said, I do enjoy the very few times I meet another cacher on the trails..
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

I don't like people so I agree. I am hyper aware of peoples body language so if I bring one that knows where it is I cheat and can find it right away.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I don't like to be watched by muggles, only because I am afraid the cache will be compromised if they get curious and go find it after I leave. That said, if there are people lurking about sometimes I don't attempt. That happened at the Bangor Paul Bunyon park on the weekend. The cache was in sight, but there were so many skateboarders and lurking eyes around it was not a good day to take it out.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    I don't like caches where there are other people around. I much prefer woods and wildlife.
    I'm with you! I much rather go for a hike on some trail in the woods any day!
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"

Default Same here

Quote Originally Posted by rcwhit View Post
    I'm with you! I much rather go for a hike on some trail in the woods any day!
    We prefer ones that take us to a nice place but we'll grab any that are in an area we're going to be in just for the fun of finding it. Still, all in all we do prefer a trail out in the puckerbrush of Maine over one at the Maine Mall in SoPo.

On another note, I don't much care for caching with someone who has already found the cache we're looking for. Makes me feel like I need to rush because I'm holding them up from moving on to a new find somewhere down the trail. Little less enjoyable for me then.