vb:literal>

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: An Event Idea...

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    I prefer to have it always in a different restaurant. Or we can have picknics in parks instead. Everybody will bring their own food and will eat it there. I prefer lunch instead. I don't need to get up before noon on Sundays.
    And in winter?

By rotating locations, I meant town/city, not venue.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

My contact at Governor's likes the idea. She would like to get a number attending. I told her that We wouldn't know until people arrive, but told her I expected about 10 to 15 maybe up to 20 and she thought that was fine.

We are planning for first Sunday in April.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    My contact at Governor's likes the idea. She would like to get a number attending. I told her that We wouldn't know until people arrive, but told her I expected about 10 to 15 maybe up to 20 and she thought that was fine.

We are planning for first Sunday in April.
    Mike, that is Easter. Fine for me, but others?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Well, your right. I don't like how my calendar is set up. Monday should be the first day of the week right after the weekend, right?

OK, lets shoot to start this off on the second Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    Well, your right. I don't like how my calendar is set up. Monday should be the first day of the week right after the weekend, right?

OK, lets shoot to start this off on the second Sunday.
    No, I will be on vacation and I don't want to miss the first one
    Moo

Damn it to hell! How can you be on vacation on Sunday? You don't work on Sunday?!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Ya, and it is also said they are only guidelines and there are allowances

So, would you rule no or yes?

If it's no this thread takes a slightly different turn. Might as well know up front!

This is an example of the CT event

Wings & Beer (and Pizza, too!) (GCZRKA) by The Local Cachers (1/1)
    As many of you know, I am TAT and also MainePublisher. Sometimes we disagree, but we both agree that reviewers don't rule, approve or disapprove. Reviewers review!

The guidelines summarize the expectations of Geocachers.

Geocacher can and do expect:

• Event caches to be submitted no less than two weeks prior to the date of the event, so that potential attendees will have sufficient notice to make their plans.
    • the event cache should be archived by the organizer within four weeks after the event has passed.
    • to be able to log every cache.

Can the cache page be written to meet these expectations?
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by tat View Post
    Can the cache page be written to meet these expectations?
    Only if 4 weeks is determined by the Event date listed on the page, which could be edited every 4 weeks. Which seems to work since 2006 for the Beer and Wings event I posted. That is where it gets fuzzy for me.

I guess my question is does that event page I listed meet the expectations?
    If not, it must either be grandfathered or someone should request an archive?
    Last edited by brdad; 03-17-2010 at 10:09 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

You are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Why don't you post a new listing for every new event? Who ever will attend will log it over and over again. If you don't like it, don't log it.
    Moo

I will log the event every time as a new event if needs be. No problem it's no hair off my head. Tat and I will talk about how to proceed from there. We can work out the logging of the event if that becomes a problem. Everyone just calm down.

I have an idea too. I think I'll do something I use to do in the Lions Club. Have a mystery ride. No one will know where we are going until we get there. We will all meet at a location that morning and follow me to the location for breakfast. I'll set up a container at the meeting point for the late comers to find with the coordinates for the breakfast. Might even use that as the event log.

I have three really interesting places in mind to choose from at this point.

I have a suggestion for the next one if I may be so bold. Big G's. The commercials make my mouth water.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 03-17-2010 at 10:56 PM.