vb:literal>

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: An Event Idea...

Smile

Multi or puzzle cache??
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Event multi?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

We're all calm. I was just trying to get something clarified. The ideas are straying further and further from the original posts so it matters less and less anyway. Carry on!
    Last edited by brdad; 03-17-2010 at 11:49 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Not straying. Setting this thing up.

Bangor area will start this off on the second Sunday of April. It will e listed as a Breakfast meeting event and we will go from there. I don't really see any problem claiming each event you attend, I also don't see any problem with an event that the date changes every two weeks.

Now if we can get three other people to jump in and take other areas it would be nice.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I'll take the next weekend. Oh wait!!! I'm in another state...Sorry...
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    You are trying to solve a problem that doesn't exist. Why don't you post a new listing for every new event? Who ever will attend will log it over and over again. If you don't like it, don't log it.

Exactly!!

"If you have a novel type of cache that "pushes the envelope" to some degree, then it is best to contact your local reviewer and/or Groundspeak before placing and reporting it on the Geocaching.com web site"

Your local reviewer is happy to discuss any cache idea. Still, it makes sense to work out exactly what you want to do, then ask.
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Only if 4 weeks is determined by the Event date listed on the page, which could be edited every 4 weeks.
    I see your point, I'd recommend posting "the cache for all of the reviewers to see in their private discussion forum. Sometimes a second opinion from someone else who has seen a similar situation can help in suggesting a way for the cache to be published."

Which seems to work since 2006 for the Beer and Wings event I posted. That is where it gets fuzzy for me.
    I guess my question is does that event page I listed meet the expectations?
    If not, it must either be grandfathered or someone should request an archive?

"First and foremost please be advised there is no precedent for placing caches. This means that the past listing of a similar cache in and of itself is not a valid justification for the listing of a new cache. If a cache has been published and violates any guidelines listed below, you are encouraged to report it. However, if the cache was placed prior to the date when a guideline was issued or updated the cache is likely to be "grandfathered" and allowed to stand as is."

The correct way to resolve this concern is to contact the reviewer who published the cache or contact@geocaching.com
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

If the event continuously changes locations, I would log them as seperate events. If it occurs in the same venue every Sunday I'd only log it the first time I attended. However, I could care less how others log it. If people want to log 52 Sunday events in a year they could earn the "ironman breakfast" award.
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

Just read this who thread........wow! Just publish your events as events. Each seems like a separate thing to me.

One comment - I do have a life other than Geocaching. An event a month or so or every quarter is fine but sponsors of events need to understand and expect that attendenace will vary based upon seasons, weather and other things. As long as sponsors realize this and are not upset if a lot don't show up - or a huge number do - everyone will be happy.

I, personally, also would not be into the mystrey think more than one or twice a year. With gas what it is right now - it would be nice if you could post the approximate travel mileage so folks could plan- place not necessary just the mileage. Just a suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    I, personally, also would not be into the mystrey think more than one or twice a year. With gas what it is right now - it would be nice if you could post the approximate travel mileage so folks could plan- place not necessary just the mileage. Just a suggestion.
    If the event is listed on Geocaching.com, I think the milage to the event from your own house will be listed on the event page, that is if you have listed your zipcode on the Geocaching.com website.
    Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag you down to their level and beat you through experience.
    Click here to see my album, "Pictures Don't Lie!"