vb:literal>

Page 15 of 24 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: ATTroll's Trip Log

I am very much enjoying Rik's journal. I have been checking every week to see if there is new logs. It is too bad that one person finds the need to bash Rik. It is so childish. GET A LIFE!

I am very proud of Rik. It takes guts to take on this journey and I will give him a high five over and over and over again. YOU GO RIK!! We got your back!

team teebow 2 (Cheryl)

where is the guest book anyway? I wanted to sign it but can't find it?
    I said WHAT!!! You just took me the wrong way......

Default Another Day on the Trail...

Thursday's (Jun 24) miles: 11.8
    Total miles: 788

Default Am I wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    I talked to him last night and he feels that it is someone from White Blaze that is posting the crap, not someone from here.

His next mail drop is:
    RICK TOWLE
    ATTN: Hold for AT Hiker ETA
    General Delivery
    Delaware Water Gap, PA 18327

This drop is only 76 miles from where he is now so you need to get it right out for him to get it.

He is doing very well and has dropped about 25 pounds.
    I am not sure but the closer mail drop would have been Harpers Ferry, WV or not? Am I missing something? The PA one seems to be a long ways from where I think he is now.

It says he has gone 815 miles and the mail drop in WV is 1014 miles nd the one in PA is 1308 miles or am I reading this thing wrong?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default That's where he was.

He was in Harper's Ferry when I spoke with him on the phone last week. He didn't mention he was going back to get a section that was skipped. So that made his next listed drop in PA. I just didn't want your package to miss him in WV. Sorry for the confusion Mike. Now he will definitely get it when he gets to PA.
    Happy Trails!

Default The Energizer Bunny?

Friday's (Jun 25) miles: 13.1
    Total miles: 801.1

Saturday's
    miles: 14.1
    Total miles: 815.2

Sunday's
    miles: 0
    Total miles: 815.2

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    He was in Harper's Ferry when I spoke with him on the phone last week. He didn't mention he was going back to get a section that was skipped. So that made his next listed drop in PA. I just didn't want your package to miss him in WV. Sorry for the confusion Mike. Now he will definitely get it when he gets to PA.
    I just can't follow the trek in my head.

Thanks

I was in Front Royal when I talked to Brad. I am now past Harpers Ferry, WV sort of. I had to back track when I got to Harpers Ferry. I had to get a ride back to Atkins, VA to make up 53 miles I missed there. I just finished that yesterday. Tomorrow I am making up 20 miles I missed on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Then one section I skipping in the Shenandoah National Park, then back to Harpers Ferry where I left off.

I am going to cover every mile. I don't want to get to the end and be accused of skipping sections. It would also weigh heavy on my mind.

I will make sure I check for mail drops at DWG. The gatorade single servings was meant to be powdered single servings but don't worry I will find a way to use anything that gets sent.

Thank you all very much for thinking of me and helping me out.

I started posting my journals again.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    I was in Front Royal when I talked to Brad. I am now past Harpers Ferry, WV sort of. I had to back track when I got to Harpers Ferry. I had to get a ride back to Atkins, VA to make up 53 miles I missed there. I just finished that yesterday. Tomorrow I am making up 20 miles I missed on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Then one section I skipping in the Shenandoah National Park, then back to Harpers Ferry where I left off.

I am going to cover every mile. I don't want to get to the end and be accused of skipping sections. It would also weigh heavy on my mind.

I will make sure I check for mail drops at DWG. The gatorade single servings was meant to be powdered single servings but don't worry I will find a way to use anything that gets sent.

Thank you all very much for thinking of me and helping me out.

I started posting my journals again.
    Hope you enjoy your 4th..........hiking puts a true meaning on that word Independence! Stay Safe!

Yesterday we gave a ride back to the trail to the first through-hiker we had met this year. He started in Georgia in March , and was heading up the Bigelows the last we saw of him. He plans to finish the whole AT by July 11th. Oh to be young again! Maybe Rick has met him, his trail name is "Almost There" and he is!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Wow, never thought about sending powder drinks. You would think I would be able to figure that out, but I tend to do things the hard way. Well, drink up and enjoy.