vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: It's Spring!

Default It's Spring!

Although we had snow in my area today, it's SPRING, and time to get out an do your cache maintenance. (And my comments are intended for "regular" caches, which usually has something in them.)

Caches accumulate water over the winter and usually need to be dried out. Also - the cache logs are usually damp/wet, and should be replaced. Clean out any rusty metal items, and refill the cache with "swag".

I like to encourage "caching with kids", so I try and make sure that our caches contain stuff that kids would like.

Last edited by WhereRWe?; 03-21-2010 at 07:05 PM.

Ah yes, Spring, “otherwise known to Al Gore as proof of global warming.” - Bill Clinton

My caches do well over the Winter but am hoping to check on them in the near future anyway. Of anyone wants to do Halfmile as a group maybe we can work out a date sometime.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Although we had snow in my area today, it's SPRING, and time to get out an do your cache maintenance. (And my comments are intended for "regular" caches, which usually has something in them.)

Caches accumulate water over the winter and usually need to be dried out. Also - the cache logs are usually damp/wet, and should be replaced. Clean out any rusty metal items, and refill the cache with "swag".

I like to encourage "caching with kids", so I try and make sure that our caches contain stuff that kids would like.

What's happened with winter? I don't remember caching in a snow this winter.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Ah yes, Spring, “otherwise known to Al Gore as proof of global warming.” - Bill Clinton
    Sheesh! I was going to mention that, but as I've advocated for YEARS about keeping politics out of the GeocachingMaine.org forums, I decided against it. LOL!

FIE, FIE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! I was going to mention that, but as I've advocated for YEARS about keeping politics out of the GeocachingMaine.org forums, I decided against it. LOL!

FIE, FIE!!!
    I figured neither Al nor Bill was a politician anymore, it can't be political.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Politicians?

I figured neither Al nor Bill was a politician anymore, it can't be political.
    They weren't politicians before, just modern day Mutt and Jeff who got into the White House accidentally.

Oops, did I say that out loud?

My caches do well over the Winter but am hoping to check on them in the near future anyway. Of anyone wants to do Halfmile as a group maybe we can work out a date sometime.
    I don't usually date outside my species but if Missteelee goes along, I'm game.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Default Species?

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I don't usually date outside my species but if Missteelee goes along, I'm game.
    And here I thought you were the last of your kind.......

Next sunday is the "Cache Trash" run at my house. I check all of my caches, even the nano's and replace anything that needs to be replaced. It usually takes about 2 hours, but is an important part of my game.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

Quote Originally Posted by fins2right View Post
    Next sunday is the "Cache Trash" run at my house. I check all of my caches, even the nano's and replace anything that needs to be replaced. It usually takes about 2 hours, but is an important part of my game.
    Thanks! I've seen too many caches that obviously haven't been cleaned in years. Wet, dirty, rusty junk, logs turned to wet mush...

An a reminder to all cachers - make sure the container is CLOSED before you replace it! LOL!