Thread: Thinking of hosting a June cache event

Default Thinking of hosting a June cache event

Slipping into summer cache 2005

by Blazing Trolls [profile]
    User's Web Page

N 44° 10.116 W 069° 59.558
    UTM: 19T E 420642 N 4891078

Difficulty: Terrain:

Easy to find. Just follow the GPS until you get within about 75 feet and you should be in front of the house.

This caching event will be to try and get Maine geocachers together. We know it is hard for the Maine cachers in southern Maine to make it to the cache events in the Bangor area. So we are making an effort to help them make this event.

We have a grill and everyone can bring their own food to cook. We have a fairly large back yard. We can set up a slip and slide on the small hill in the back yard for the children or adults. We have done this for family events and it was very successful. We will have a canopy tent set up in case of rain. The canopy is a 10 x 20 and with the sides open it becomes a 24 x 20. We will be setting up a screen house too.

I am in the process of adding at least two close caches in the area so they can be found before or after this event for this event and left for future caching.

If you want to get here earlier and head out for somewhat local caching then you can stop off here first and leave what you don’t want to carry around in your car. We can also set up an area if someone wants to tent here for the night. If we get some tenters we can have a fire in the fire pit at night if it is not too windy. You can tent for the night at the event and use our house as home base, you are more then welcome. If anyone is interested in bringing a tent and making this an overnighter event just let us know or if you just want to tent in the yard for a night let us know we have plenty of room.

We are also only one mile away from a bunch of lakes. There is a bridge just down the road that the local kids and adults use to jump from. It is only about 10 feet off the water.

For those that are interested I have a wireless router that can be turned on if they want to bring there laptops.

Maybe from here we can discuss the status of the geocoins and see where we should go from here.

We are very opened minded on what to have and do at this cache. The idea was to get a cache event in the southern area of the start so we could get some of the coastal Maine cachers to attend and meet them and share stories and pass on ideas and information.

Goals for this event include:
    1. Sharing and showing others how to use a GPS.
    2. Passing on helpful information for finding caches.
    3. Demonstrating geocaching software and the pros and cons of different software.
    4. Discussing our new Maine geocoin if it is not finalized by then.
    5. Emphasizing LNT.
    6. Discussing the procedures of hiding a cache.
    7. Exchanging travel bus to move along.
    And anything else that may come up.

Things to bring:
    1. You and anyone interested in attending.
    2. The food that you want to eat.
    3. Chairs to sit in.
    4. A good attitude.
    5. Tent and sleeping gear if you plan on spending the night.
    6. If you have an extra grill it might help.
    7. Bathing suit, just in case.
    8. Travel bugs to pass along.

<CENTER> </CENTER>

The wife and I have been talking and we are thinking of hosting an event cache on June 18th in Litchfield at the house here. We were thinking of making it a BBQ style event. We have a grill and everyone can bring their own food to cook. We have a fairly large back yard. We can set up a slip and slide on the small hill in the back yard for the children or adults. We have done this for family events and it was very successful. We will have a canopy tent set up in case of rain. The canopy is a 10 x 20 and with the sides open it becomes a 24 x 20. We will be setting up a screen house too.

I am in the process of adding at least two close caches in the area so they can be had for this event and left for futures caching.

If you want to get here earlier and head out for somewhat local caching then you can stop off here first and leave what you don’t want to carry around in you car. We can also set up an area if someone wants to tent here for the night. If we get some tenters we can have a fire in the fire pit at night if it is not to windy. You can tent for the night at the event and use our house as home base you are more then welcome. Is anyone interested in an overnighter event with tents here?

We are also only one mile away from a bunch of lakes. There is a bridge just down the road that the local kids and adults use to jump from. It is only about 10 feet off the water.

For those that are interested I have a wireless router that can be turned on if they want to bring there laptops.

Maybe from here we can discuss the status of the geocoins and see where we should go from here.

We are very opened minded on what to have and do at this cache. The idea was to get a cache event in the southern area of the start so we could get some of the coastal Maine cachers to attend and meet them and share stories and pass on ideas and information.

What does everyone think about this and who would be interested in attending?
    Last edited by attroll; 05-25-2005 at 12:46 PM.
    Blazing Troll

I'm interested. Sound like fun.

At least one of us should be there. Hope you post a list of things you'll need donated, and NO, I'm not bringing the kegerator!

Default Fun!

This sounds like a lot of fun!! Sounds like you have thought of absolutely everything!!

Nothing on my schedule at this point - don't see any reason why I can't be there. Will you still hold it if I say I will attend? LOL
    ~ Beach Comber ~

d’76 Guest

count us in!!!!!!1

Hi,
    Can't be sure if we can make it or not yet. We're supposed to go to the monster-in-laws to put in fence and take our neice and nephew camping in June too. And pretty soon I'm going to get the "we have work to do around the house" thing. I'll start working on him soon anyway!

Thumbs up Be there if I can.

I will make it if at all possible. The 25th looks like the only one I couldn't make as we will be camping. But as others have said, don't plan it around me. The 18th would definitly be my best one.
    Happy Trails!

I think that would work since the Chicks were thinking of July 16th as a date for ours!

Default Trek Across Maine!!

That is the weekend of the Trek Across Maine, which I ride in every year. But, I always enjoy a little challange. And, if I ride real fast, I can easily get there before the burgers are done!

Count me in! (I'll try to get my brother to come too, especially since he has the car!)

Angry

Once again we would like to come, only I have a Saturday training event, I can't weasel out of. Sounds like a great time though.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.