vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thinking of hosting a June cache event

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Once again we would like to come, only I have a Saturday training event, I can't weasel out of. Sounds like a great time though.
    I think you need to practice your weaseling skills! LOL!

I created this event call Slipping into summer cache 2005. Now I am jsut wating for approval.
    Blazing Troll

Smile will attend

Sound great. I will be there. I would be happy to bring bring hot dogs and buns to grill for everyone. Just need to know how many?

The cache web page:
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...8-45645930ca07

geohikemaine

Default Ohhhhh so close........

This is so close that we will be there. We have a Boy Scout whitewater rafting trip to go to that afternoon so we will be leaving a little early.

Team Teebow

wbdent Alright it got approved. We will be getting a canopy tent this weekend for the event. It is the type that can be totally enclosed or the sides can be opened to make it larger. We figured it would be nice to have around for events like geocaching and anything else that comes up. This way we will always have something to stand under in case of bad weather.

wbdent Alright we got Team Teebow to come. I have been wanting to meet you guys for awhile. I have done some of your great caches and read your logs. Now if we can just pull in some of the others in the area and along the coast that would be awesome.

Blazing Troll

I work on Saturdays, but maybe i can sneak out a little early and set up a tent Sat. evening (leaving a good excuse to hit some western Maine caches on Sunday). Is anyone else planning on overnighting Saturday? I don't want to get there and everyone is gone, but if people are still there by 6pm, I'll go for it.

I hear the boss is a nice guy - I bet if you say please, you'll be all set!!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

wbdent I would like to see some people spend the night. That would be great. We could sit around the fire at night if it is not to windy. We could also hit some caches together the next day. I will let everyone us the showers if they are nice. LOL. I am going to New Hampshire in a couple of weeks to get fireworks for the 4th of July so maybe we can set a couple off on the night of the 18th too. If we can get Beach Coomber to spend the night she would keep us intertained all night I am sure. LOL. She is a real hoot to cache with I could not imagine what she is like camping.
    Blazing Troll

I heard that fireworks were illegal in Maine, so maybe I should bring a couple of mine to "dispose of" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Sudonim
    I heard that fireworks were illegal in Maine, so maybe I should bring a couple of mine to "dispose of" too.
    wbdent Shh Don't tell anyone. If you don't tell anyone we won't tell anyone. We live out in the country so it is not a big isuue. If I tell my neighbnors ahead of time then it will be alright. Besides it will be a couple of weeks before teh 4th so I will only let a couple off. Not all of them. Everyone does fireworks here on the forth. The fireworks I buy are not the load bangs anway. They are pretty darn good though.
    Blazing Troll