vb:literal>

Thread: Delorme PN-60 Release Date Delayed...

Default Delorme PN-60 Release Date Delayed...

Well I have confirmed from Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Delorme-Earthm.../dp/B0031QNP8O

Marcipanek told me today that the release date had been moved to June and this is correct. It was originally May 1st and now it is June 10th. Does anyone at Delorme know what the heck they are doing?

p.s. I post this as a segway/ice breaker to lead into my recent experience with Delorme....

You know considering they are the so-called new guys on the block regarding the GPS scene I think they are doing a great job. Magellan has been in this business for many years and they have the worst reputation from all the user reports I have ever seen. At least with Delorme they have a great user forum and they even visit and have a presense in the GC forums as well. I think Chip Noble and the rest of the Delorme cast have done a great job. Hey they can't please everyone and neither can the rest of the GPS manufacturers. For the short time they have been in the GPS business I think they are top notch. JMHO Now there is my segway for this topic>>>>LOL Sorry if you have had a bad experience, can't win them all.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Yes, they have done a great job. I am an enthusiastic PN-40 owner and user, and with the newest 2.7 firmware update, the PN-40 is currently in my opinion the best GPSr on the market.... however I believe Delorme as an amazing oppurtunity to truly incorporate some other features in their devices and steal a lot of the market share from Garmin. However they choose not to, and would rather pursue rather esoteric and a narrow market base area with SPOT messaging in their newest unit. Plus, they do not want to hear ANY dissent and really take no customer feedback into play when developing their new units.