vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Support GeocachingMaine.org

Hybrid View

Default Support GeocachingMaine.org

Remember - clicking on the advertisements at the bottom of each page on GeocachingMaine.org help support this website.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Remember - clicking on the advertisements at the bottom of each page on GeocachingMaine.org help support this website.
    I don't see any ads here
    Moo

They are at the top on most screens and really blend in with the background. Real easy to miss unless you are really hunting for them.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I don't see the ads either, they are blocked. But, still the site gets a few cents every time someone that can see them does click on them!

And if you can't see the ads, there are many other ways people can support the site, both financially and by content!
    Last edited by brdad; 03-22-2010 at 08:07 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Shows in my browser. Currently is Nexus One.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Thumbs up

Hey Bruce....thanks for bringing that to my attention. I never knew about this site getting a financial ++ but I'm going to start clicking on an ad every time I log onto this website. You and brdad continue to wow us with useful information. I still think you're a cur, but now a little less mudgeon.

Uh oh Bruce. Time to step up your game!

EMSDanel, it is fine to click occasionally but Google has protections in order to catch anyone clicking for the sake of clicking. If you repeatedly clicked on the ads it will trigger these protections and prevent any profit. I am not sure how much it takes to trigger it, but probably once a day or every few days is fine.
    Last edited by brdad; 03-23-2010 at 06:34 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Uh oh Bruce. Time to step up your game!

EMSDanel, it is fine to click occasionally but Google has protections in order to catch anyone clicking for the sake of clicking. If you repeatedly clicked on the ads it will trigger these protections and prevent any profit. I am not sure how much it takes to trigger it, but probably once a day or every few days is fine.
    Oh, I agree. I don't click more than 3-4 times a week. But I wanted newer members to know that it helps the site.

DO NOT abuse Google. It's more powerful than Nancy Pelosi!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Oh, I agree. I don't click more than 3-4 times a week. But I wanted newer members to know that it helps the site.

DO NOT abuse Google. It's more powerful than Nancy Pelosi!

It's not about abusing Google, it's about abusing people who pay for that ads. Encouraging people to click on Google ads just to make a profit without any interest in product is a violation of Google Adsense terms and conditions.
    Moo

Quote Originally Posted by cano View Post
    It's not about abusing Google, it's about abusing people who pay for that ads. Encouraging people to click on Google ads just to make a profit without any interest in product is a violation of Google Adsense terms and conditions.
    Very true. I should have been clearer in my original comment that I was encouraging people to CLICK ON THE ADS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE because they usually provide excellent sources for good and services, especially for geocachers. I do not encourage people to CLICK ON THE ADS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE because they'll benefit us. I was merely reminding people that if they're going to CLICK ON THE ADS AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE, this site would be a better place than some others that benefit people we don't even know.