vb:literal>

Thread: Gulf Hagas

Default Gulf Hagas

I was thinking of going up to Gulf Hagas over the long weekend, no caches there! ): and was wondering if anyone knows if the roads are passable yet. I will be comming from the south, so the Greenville road is preferable, but the KI road is the other option.

If anyone else wants to join up, just post a note here.

I have never come in from the Greenville end. I have always come in through KI and have never had a problem from that end.
    Blazing Troll

We came through about this time last year and the road was TERRIBLE - very rutted up - even hard for a 4WD since the ruts were so deep (Greenville end, mostly).

We haven't been through since then, but if it were me, I'd wait a month or so.

Default Have had trouble too.

I've turned back twice, once on each road. Both times were early in the season, but I don't remember how early.

d’76 Guest

I was up to KI Saturday afternoon after the event. The Brownville end was fine. Have a great trip.

Dave

Default the roads are open!

Just got back from Gulf Hagas. Both the road from Greenville and the road to KI are in great shape. There are a few places that were a little concerning with a car, but by going slow and easy it is no problem. The water is very high now and the sound is deafening. A highly recommended hike. There ought to be a cache!!

d’76 Guest

Hey Tat,

Did you forge the river or enter the back way

Dave

Default West trail head

The river was impassable. The gate keeper told me that some people had come the day before with dry suites intending to cross. They talked them out of it. Probably a good thing, one rip in those suites and they'd never come up.

I saw SUVs at either end with kayak racks! I wish I could have seen them going over Billings Falls. Must have been quite a sight.