vb:literal>

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: FTF Prizes

Default FTF Prizes

I was wondering if any of you who put out alot of caches do something special for the FTF finder? By that I mean a special prize, congratulations email, post a notice in the cache listing? JustKev and I did with the 2 caches we have placed but wondering what others are doing.
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I've thought about it on every cache I have placed but have never given an FTF prize. My last cache placed I did leave an FTF coin which I picked up at a cache I was FTF at. I have less desire to leave an FTF prize now - I think early on many people added an FTF prize to entice someone to come do their new cache. When I started it was not unusual for a cache to sit around for a week or a month before anyone found it. Nowadays there are more people eager to race just for being FTF despite any prize. But, I say do what you feel like doing!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

It's been awhile since I've put out a new cache -- as an aside I suppose I should do so at some point . . . especially since I have some ideas on where to place some new caches -- but I've never done any FTF prizes since experience has shown me that generally with most caches in any given area you will find one or two folks who are almost always the FTF . . . it's nothing against the FTF lovers . . . I would just rather not reward the same people over and over . . . but that's just me.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    but I've never done any FTF prizes since experience has shown me that generally with most caches in any given area you will find one or two folks who are almost always the FTF . . . it's nothing against the FTF lovers . . . I would just rather not reward the same people over and over . . . but that's just me.
    Sheesh! Excellent point - I hadn't thought of it that way, but very true!

I have put unactivated coins and certificates in some.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Having found more than a few FTF's I have seen a variety of different things relative to FTF prizes.

I do have an interest in coins and usually when a coin is left I will retrieve the FTF prize unless it is something I already have. Many FTF gifts that have been left I will leave for someone else. Some of the coffee cards were really nice too.

I think I even took a FFJ ladder for one of those FTF prizes once way back when.

Actually, the FTF prizes will make no difference at all when it comes to who will go for your cache. What I do like is when you pop open a cache (ammo cans rule!) and find a well stocked cache. Those are becoming more and more a rarity.

Cache on!
    I'd really rather not cache, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion!

For our first cache we had a nintendo DS game (used) , radio, flashlight, and a whloe bunch of little things too.

I like the idea of coins or coffee cards too.

I also made a point to email the FTF person and congratulate them, in addition to adding a note to the cache discription.

I am enjoying reading what other of you are doing tho. Thanks for the replies ....
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I have put way too many FTF prizes in my caches.... I am not doing it anymore because I simply cannot afford it, and it all goes to Marcipanek! ha ha

I have used coins, pins, buttons and even little certificates. A lot depends on the size of the container for me. Sometimes Iput it in the description - sometimes not.

As for would I run the announced prize......it would not make a difference to me.

If anyone puts beer in a cache as a FTF prize, be sure to email me the coords before it gets published! heck ya probably just need to tell me the general area and I'll be able to smell my way to the cache...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.