vb:literal>

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Promoting this site at events

Default Promoting this site at events

This thought occurred to me after the Aloha event...

Would there be any interest if I were to create a sign promoting this site which could set on the TB table at events?

If there is interest and we took it a step further - would anyone be against making this sign a TB which would belong to Geocaching Maine's account on geocaching.com? The goal of the TB would be to attend events, not to be left at caches. It would be up to event holders to possess, maintain and distribute the sign as needed, it would not have to be returned to me or anyone else in particular. Anyone could discover the TB, but possession would usually be left to event hosts.

This is a mock up of what is on my mind at the moment. It would be about 12" High and 20" long. The State of Maine on the logo would be painted to match our logo. I could leave the back bare wood to allow people to sign their caching name on it. It would probably be best to have a stand to keep it upright. Any ideas, adjustments or criticisms welcome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GCMaineTB.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	60.7 KB 
ID:	465  
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    This thought occurred to me after the Aloha event...

Would there be any interest if I were to create a sign promoting this site which could set on the TB table at events?

If there is interest and we took it a step further - would anyone be against making this sign a TB which would belong to Geocaching Maine's account on geocaching.com? The goal of the TB would be to attend events, not to be left at caches.
    Sheesh! Sounds like a good idea to me, but I thought we already had a GeocachingMaine.org sign/banner?

Default Sounds like a plan

Make it so number 1A...
    Happy Trails!

And as a matter of fact, since we have a couple of members that attend a lot of the MEGA events, we could make a smaller one that they could carry with them - or a custom-made shirt. Something like "For A Good Time Join GeocachingMaine.org".

Thumbs up Yup

That too sounds like a good plan.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Sheesh! Sounds like a good idea to me, but I thought we already had a GeocachingMaine.org sign/banner?
    Yes, Rick bought one back a while ago, and if I remember correctly he was willing to share it. My hope was this might be passed around more, and being smaller and freestanding it could easily be used at indoor events. Plus, if it is loggable as a TB and on the TB table, more people might be actually take time to look at it.
    Last edited by brdad; 03-28-2010 at 07:45 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Thumbs up from me.
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Where a Board member usually attends most events - I think it should be up to them to move it from event to event. I really don't like TBs left over and would feel repsonsible.

A nice concept to promote using a trackable. I like it a lot better than the banner.

You could use one of the 2009 coins for your tracking as it could be attached to the plaque with an eyehook and some of that wire with the cripped thing to hold the wire together (sorry I don't know the technical terms). It would promote the coins that way too.

If you were uncomfortable holding it, I am sure someone else could. We seem to have events often enough now it would get passed around bit anyway. As long as it doesn't get picked up by someone who wants to take it to Swains Island it would not matter.

I was thinking TB because I have a spare tag. But I have spare coins too. One advantage of the tag is it could be permanently and firmly attached. The coin - most people would want to see both sides so it'd end up dangling on a wire as you said or have to be made removable, or I could make a hole through the board to see both sides. Something to ponder, anyway.
    Last edited by brdad; 03-29-2010 at 04:56 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

This is weird. I was thinking of this kind of thing. Where we are going to have at least one monthly event, I thought a sign would be nice to have. The banner is hanging in Attrolls garage/computer room.

Brdad being so crafty has a great idea on this. I'm all for it.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.