vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Promoting this site at events

Nice! I'd love to see it at GW this summer!
    The farmer gave permission to place the cache in the field, but the bull charges.

LOVE the idea and the mockup!!!!! Too cool!!

I think just about all the SC groups down here have a banner that represents the area that they cover. Sounds like a good plan is in the works and it would be a good thing for Geowoodstock as well. Here is the banner we have for the YoGO group that I belong to.

Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I hope it takes a while before Maine gets to the point where the state has to be divided up. I like having everyone in one place to get the full spectrum of ideas and opinions.
    Last edited by brdad; 03-29-2010 at 02:49 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Been Tried

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I hope it takes a while before Maine gets to the point where the state has to be divided up. I like having everyone in one place to get the full spectrum of ideas and opinions.
    One of our elected officials, in his infinite wisdom, tried to introduce a bill to seperate the state, north from south. Never made it out of it's first step in life as a bill.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    This is weird. I was thinking of this kind of thing. Where we are going to have at least one monthly event, I thought a sign would be nice to have. The banner is hanging in Attrolls garage/computer room.

Brdad being so crafty has a great idea on this. I'm all for it.
    If I can get it done by the 11th, want to be the first to use it?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Yeah!

If I can get it done by the 11th, want to be the first to use it?
    Abso-tutifruitin-loutly.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I can understand where you are coming from and we have the Main chapter of the SCGA but there are a few splinter groups who decided for one reason or another to form their own groups in their specific areas. Many states do the same and I see no reason that this doesn't work out. We all attend each others events and meets and greets and things work out just fine. NC is close by too from where I live and we have a lot of groups who attend events from both states. I think it is pretty cool and we all have a great time no matter what group is having the event or where. We are all just one big happy family......
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Isn't there already two Maine geocaching groups/places/websites, etc. Not trying to be a stick in the mud or cause problems but reality is - I think there is a Southern Maine (per se) group which may support and subscribe to this group but is totally different (with their own website/events/organization, etc.).

If not = I stand corrected and do apologize.

Quote Originally Posted by hollora View Post
    Isn't there already two Maine geocaching groups/places/websites, etc. Not trying to be a stick in the mud or cause problems but reality is - I think there is a Southern Maine (per se) group which may support and subscribe to this group but is totally different (with their own website/events/organization, etc.).

If not = I stand corrected and do apologize.
    True, but as you say many of their members are members here as well, and I think this site still does it's best to represent the entire state, at least anyone is welcomed equally.

Anyway, I could continue on here but I don't need to steer the topic off in that direction.
    Last edited by brdad; 03-31-2010 at 06:27 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!