vb:literal>

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: RE: Signature items

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    Apologies for putting you on the spot FFJ, here's an example of what I like about caching. It's a simple park and grab, however go thru the description and then read his log.

Like Mainiac1957, I really enjoy history....especially local history, so it gets incorporated into my placements.

At the end of the day, to each his own, cache as you will and enjoy!

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-6f67f7bcc360
    No apologies necessary . . . just did that cache today . . . and as you can see from my log I liked it . . . a GRC sure . . . but it had the twin bonus of being in a pretty spot and it had a historical significance. A top notch cache in my opinion . . . even if was "just" a GRC.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I think Becket is one of the few cachers who actually managed to find every one of my colored ladders -- natural wood, white, silver, black and Hiram Safety Orange. A benefit with those signature items is if you get tired of them you can chuck them in your woodstove and stay warm for about 4 minutes.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Thumbs up I still look for sig items

I haven't made any mainiac magnets for awhile, but I am planning to. I also have an order of pathtags on the way.

I have sitting here at least 6 large ziplock bags of sig items. Some of them go back quite a few years, I know a few of them are only one of a handfull ever made, (Right Haffy). I also have almost 40 pathtags. As well as a binder with business cards, wooden nickels, and a few other odd things. If anyone would like to see some of this stuff feel free to ask. Oh yeah, and I have many colors of the famous FFJake ladders including the scarce Hiram safety orange model.
    Happy Trails!

Exclamation You forgot one Jake

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I think Becket is one of the few cachers who actually managed to find every one of my colored ladders -- natural wood, white, silver, black and Hiram Safety Orange. A benefit with those signature items is if you get tired of them you can chuck them in your woodstove and stay warm for about 4 minutes.
    The uber-rare Roof Ladder. Which I do have also, making my total 6 different ones. I have natural #2, silver #42, black #57 (a personal favorite), white #110, orange #127, and roof #164.

The ultimate FFJ collection!
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    The uber-rare Roof Ladder. Which I do have also, making my total 6 different ones. I have natural #2, silver #42, black #57 (a personal favorite), white #110, orange #127, and roof #164.

Oh - I don't think I ever got a roof ladder. Are they out of production FFJake?

They might be on backorder.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

When we first started caching, we didn't realize that signature items were something to collect, and passed up a few that, in hindsight, would have been nice to have. But we did eventually trade for a few - mostly magnets. I don't recall ever seeing a ladder. I have plans to make signature items of our own, but have not yet taken the time to make them. They will be made something like most of our travel bugs, which some of you have seen, but as D(my husband) reminded me just this morning, I tend to think a lot faster than I do. I can't decide if that's a compliment or not! Hopefully I'll get something made someday, it looks really good in my imagination!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post

Ah yes . . . I even forgot about the very rare roof ladder. I think you and Becket may have the complete collection Brad.

And yeah . . . Hollora . . . I haven't built any roof ladders or any other ladders for some time . . . but I guess I should get cranking . . . if I go out with my caching buddies this Sunday I'll bring along a few.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    Yeah those were really special weren't they?
    Rare too. I can't believe we traded the one we found
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country

I still put "Pigs" in caches.
    I think I was a pig in a prior like. Shotgun says I am in this life!