vb:literal>

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To?

Hybrid View

Default What Are You Listening To?

When I'm at the computer, I always have music playing. I recently got a new speaker system, and since the sound is great, music is what's on my mind right now.

So, I was wondering - are you listening to music when you're online? If so, what?

(I'm listening to Kraftwerk's "Minimum-Maximum" concert album, and specifically "The Man Machine".)

I listen to talk radio WVOM 103.9 FM., the scanner, Fox news on the T.V., and sometimes talking on the phone.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Radio-wise I spend a lot of time on WVOM as well, but that is usually while on the road.

Music-wise you'll never know what might be playing here. All our music is on a shared network drive and contains many styles of a music from the 1940's to the 2000's. We both like some of almost any genre of music (Excepting rap, but that's not really music). From Abba to Chubby Checker to Gordon Lightfoot to Jerry Reed to Reba to ZZ Top. Both Lee and I prefer music where you can understand what the singers are singing, however.

Other days I just play random funny and parody music on YouTube.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    From Abba to Chubby Checker to Gordon Lightfoot to Jerry Reed to Reba to ZZ Top.
    Sheesh! ABBA! One of my favorites. And I have several of Agnetha Falskog's albums, too. We almost got to sea ABBA in concert years ago in Brussels. But it was about the time that they were breaking up, and they canceled the concert...

And Gordon Lightfoot! I could almost recite the words to "Edmund Fitzgerald"! LOL!

I must have 500-600 phonograph record which I intend - someday - to convert to digital form I even have an ION USB phonograph player - but it does take time... And then there's my 300-CD player. I thought when I bought it that if it holds 300 CD's, it would last me forever.

Sheesh! Technology!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    And then there's my 300-CD player. I thought when I bought it that if it holds 300 CD's, it would last me forever.

Sheesh! Technology!
    Ha, My music collection has been primarily mp3 since they were invented. I had only about 20 commercially made CDs to my name when I met Lee. She, however, still had a decent collection of LPs as well as one 300 disk CD changer and one 200 disk CD changer! We took several weeks converting all those to mp3!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Phish, Pink Floyd, Paul Butterfield Blues Band, Frank Zappa, Marilyn Manson, White Stripes, Black Eyed Peas, Beyonce,Rob Zombie,Julie London, Patty Page, Mel Torme', Willie Nelson, Patsy Cline, Gabby LaLa, Moody Blues, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Yes, The Beatles, Bach, Mozart, and Wagner!
    I like Bunny Barrigan on trumpet, Ace Cannon on Sax, and Buddy Rich on drums!
    Hendrix on lead guitar, Paul Macartney on Bass, and Lionel Hampton on Vibes!
    Thats some of what I listen to! Hows that for a mix?
    OH yea, I like Lady GaGa videos!

Lest I forget! I have a Pink Floyd Tatoo and I have Phish swiming in my head!

I'm listening to a State of Trance with Armin van Buuren. We are finishing celebrating 450th episode of ASOT. It was a 10 day non stop celebration broadcast from all over the world (Bratislava, Wroclaw, New York...)

And here is the tune of the year:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbU54...eature=related
    Moo

If I'm online, Pandora is the radio for me. The site is free, you pick what kind of music you listen to. Lately I've been hooked into a jazz station. Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Micheal Buble. I'm tryin' to get some cultch-ah!
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I used to be a constant listener of the AM620 to listen to Dale and Clem in the morning and Colin Cowherd at lunch time until Darlings performed some type of recall on the seat heater switch in my car and killed all AM reception. When I am in the car now it's mostly WVOM in the morning on the way to work even though I can't stand the two hosts. I've never been a fan of Rick Tyler and George Hale sounds like he's always talking with a bunch of dirt in his mouth. The problem is, they present a good bit of info making them worth listening to between 7 and 8. Other than that, I really enjoy my podcasts of Garrison Keillor doing his Prarie Home Companion shows. I guess I mostly enjoy the News from Lake Wobegon segment of the show. He's a very good story teller and I think his voice is the most enjoyable part.
    There is a very fine line between 'hobby' and ‘mental illness'. ---Dave Barry