vb:literal>

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Listening To?

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    The quartet you are describing aren't Budgies. More like Pudgies. Well except for Hiram, he's lost a few pounds.
    OH BROTHER!!!!! That's not nice!

Has anyone seen the movie "Girl With a Pearl Earring"? It's a great movie, but the soundtrack by Andre Desplat is worth having.

In the evenings, we usually listen to Internet Radio - Live 365 - but I got bored tonight and grabbed the nearest CD, which happened to be "Songs of Sanctuary" by Adiemus. Since there are 9 pages of comments in this thread, so I didn't check to see if I'd talked about this group before. But sheesh, this is good music...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    In the evenings, we usually listen to Internet Radio - Live 365 - but I got bored tonight and grabbed the nearest CD, which happened to be "Songs of Sanctuary" by Adiemus. Since there are 9 pages of comments in this thread, so I didn't check to see if I'd talked about this group before. But sheesh, this is good music...
    I love Adiemus too I have Adiemus as background music on my high school prom (equivalent) video, that's how I found out about Adiemus.
    Moo

If you don't have it yet, you've got to get spotify. It's absolutely everything I've ever wished for in a music app. Paid subscription or free version, it's both unlimited music. You listen to whatever album you want all the way through or just one song at a time. Now it's integrated with facebook so it's completely social. You can send songs to your friends who use spotify to check out with a note as to why that song made you think of them. They just recently added a radio feature much like pandora. It's fantastic. I can't say enough good things about the program.

Sheesh! Got my latest CD, and it is great. Hayley Westenra's "Paradiso", in which she sings songs to the music of Ennio Morricone, famous for the themes to such great spaghetti westerns as "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly", "Once Upon a Time in the West". etc.

Sheesh! It's been a while since anyone has posted in this thread. But I've gotta comment on this. I usually listen to Live365 Internet Radio in the evenings. And I admit, I like "new age" type music - have loved it since I first hear KraftWerk in the '70's.

And tonight, this Terry Riley piece - A Rainbow in Curved Air - blows me away. I love it!!!

Can you top this flash mob, Brad?

Copenhagen Philharmonic - Ravel's "Bolero".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrEk06XXaAw

Right now I am listening in the car to more rain on the windshield and the dog snoring. Not a gold record groupw
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."