vb:literal>

Thread: New England Capture the Flag -- Looking for Help...

Default New England Capture the Flag -- Looking for Help...

Hello all,

We're only "occasional" geocachers in Maine, as we live over in Southern NH, even though we have spent a lot of time with family up in Lincoln, Maine. As such, we haven't yet met many of you, but hope to manage to attend one of the Bangor/Brewer events this summer if our schedules match up!

We have been playing in the New England Capture the Flag game with the side of the "North" (Northern New England), and are looking to bring an NECTF TB up to Maine tomorrow (Wednesday, May 25).

We're looking to see if there are some local cachers in the Bangor or MDI area that could help us out with some drops / pickups of some TBs preferably tomorrow or alternatively on any other days between tomorrow and Saturday, May 28. We've only bumped into one local cacher on the trail near Bangor/MDI, (cameoooooo) so we don't know who to ask in the area.

If you would be able to possibly meet us at a cache in the area for an NECTF TB swap, let us know! You can email us through our profile if you would like to work out the specific details in email rather than in this forum.

Thanks, and happy caching!

-- Solid-Rock-Seekers
    Last edited by solid-rock-seekers; 05-25-2005 at 06:54 AM. Reason: removing email address to avoid spammers

Ken -

What TB's are you trying to get to MDI? The ones I passed to you a couple of weeks ago aren't due back at the bonus cache until next month.

Do you mean you've got a DIFFERENT bunch??

We've already got 1 CTFTB in the area now that needs to get to MDI (the Cache or Credit TB) - perhaps you could make arrangements to pick that one up after it's been logged.

WhereRWe - Thanks for the quick reply!

Yes, we have a different TB that is looking to get to MDI now, and we're always looking for more help from local cachers in moving around these NECTF TBs!

It turns out that "Cache or Credit", thanks to a sequence of other Maine cachers, has already made it to MDI! Woohoo!

I'd love to help move bugs around. I live in Kittery, but often visit up north. My next trip is (hopefully) up to Gulf Hagas this weekend. I dobt that the southerners will make to some of those caches in the rain and cold!

PM me if you want help.

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    I'd love to help move bugs around. I live in Kittery, but often visit up north. My next trip is (hopefully) up to Gulf Hagas this weekend. I dobt that the southerners will make to some of those caches in the rain and cold!

PM me if you want help.
    You'd probably be a big help in the interface between the New Hampshire CTF group and those in Maine. The CTF TB's need to get to the bonus caches once a month (Somes Sound cache on MDI in Maine, Sabbaday Falls cache in northern NH, and Baby It's Cold Outside in the very top of Vermont).

Also, since you're fairly close to Mass, you might want to keep your eye on CTF TB's in Mass caches. Lots of bonus points for a "grab" from the opposing team.

Default Do TBs actually go into caches?

I thought all TBs went from person to person while at the cache. If so, I can meet most days after work. (Rain is not a problem either!)

I work in Mass., in fact that is where I am right now!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    I thought all TBs went from person to person while at the cache. If so, I can meet most days after work. (Rain is not a problem either!)

I work in Mass., in fact that is where I am right now!
    Well, the tactic has been to actually plan a meet at the cache to ensure that the CTF TBs remain in the "right" hands, but sometimes they just get dropped off. I picked up one in Halowell a couple of weeks ago that had been in the cache for a couple of days - a prime target for a grab. This was the TB I passed off at the CTIO event, and which has been logged into the bonus cache.