vb:literal>

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Another tick disease.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    We are always more at ease caching here in Bangor or to the north. I've yet to get a tick on my up here, but have seen them on dogs so I know they are here. What gets me is - all this technology - we sent a man to the moon 40 years ago - and yet, we can't get rid of these things????

Yes, the American dog tick and wood tick are the same thing - Dermacenter variabilis. There is a brown dog tick as well, which is very rare here and from what I read cannot survive our Winters.

The ticks seem to slowly be working their way north . . . I never remember seeing ticks in the area where I live . . . but in the past year or so it seems as though they're suddenly appearing . . . perhaps this year it may be due in part to the very mild winter.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by JustKev View Post
    Lawyers have physiques?
    Somewhere here is a joke about a spine, heart and brain or lack thereof -- but I've met Dubord and kind of like the guy so I can't be that mean . . . besides I still question whether or not he is a real lawyer since he certainly doesn't act like one . . . and yes Dubord . . . that is a compliment.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

I tell ya . . . the sure fire way that I've found to avoid any ticks is to go caching with Hiram . . . he'll tell ya that he's a chick magnet, but the truth is he's a tick magnet -- all the buggers seem to be attracted to him . . . must be those Carhartts.

The smell your skin gives off, when you drink beer, attracts ticks. Eat five or six cloves of Garlic each day. This keeps the Ticks away as well as Black flies, Mosquitoes, Chiggers, No-see-ums, Ants, Bees, Wasps, Fleas, Spiders, Scorpions, Bear, wolves, and wooly Mammoths!
    One warning though...Italian women find the smell of garlic to be an aphrodisiac!

vampires aint crazy about it either
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

I think this entire thread jinxed me. Before reading this I had NEVER seen a tick on me... then suddenly this weekend I got attacked by a swarm of them while we were caching in NJ and RI. Well, four, but it may as well have been a swarm.

I had the creeps all weekend because of it. Poor Ben spent 9 hours in the car with me yesterday and had to have conversations like...
    "It's a tick!!"
    "No it isn't."
    "You didn't look."
    "I'm driving."
    "Well, LOOK, it is a tick"
    "It is a freckle."
    "I don't think Indian people get freckles."
    "It isn't a tick."
    "I'm gonna die."

I'm surprised he didn't pull over at the nearest courthouse to divorce me.

Or just slow down and push you out.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I got into the ticks a few weeks ago in the Waterboro area and now Cheryl is convinced that I have Lyme disease. So it's off to the V.A. today to get checked out...she also was friends with Bill Chinook and gets really worried whenever the possibility of Lyme disease is mentioned.

I take it this Bill guy has a bad tick story?
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

The group "Ween" has a song called "Tick".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFt15NnrHOc