vb:literal>

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Another tick disease.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    As for the chick magnet . . . that would be Maniac . . . he always gets the woman. It's true . . . ask him about the racks he was staring at the other day.
    Must be the yellow jeep.....can't be the goatee
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Default Tuesday's Tick Total

Didn't cache today but did go turkey hunting. Sat on the ground and ended up with a deer tick trying to bore into my arm.

It doesn't seem to matter much what you do in the woods, or in this case the fields. The frigging things are everywhere. Keep checking yourself.

Oh, and there's one less 21 pound turkey menancing our neighborhood.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Default Official Name

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I was sitting outside this morning and Lee noticed something on my neck, sure enough it was a wood tick. I don't think it had buried far if at all but it's still creepy. I think it must have taken a ride from the south this weekend.

We should make up a name for that heebie jeebie feeling you get thinking about ticks. I overheard several people at the events comparing it to being alone with Hiram in the woods , but it should have an official name.

The offender has been incarcerated and is awaiting trial.
    Hiram Syndrome

I kind of like the things. I get the magnifying glasses out and look them all over. Really cool and tuff little suckers.

That's ticks not Hiram.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    I was sitting outside this morning and Lee noticed something on my neck, sure enough it was a wood tick. I don't think it had buried far if at all but it's still creepy. I think it must have taken a ride from the south this weekend.

We should make up a name for that heebie jeebie feeling you get thinking about ticks.
    I get ONE tick on me and I feel like they are crawling all over me! I get the "Tick Tocks"!!
    Last edited by brdad; 05-04-2010 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Missing /Quote tag

Dubord, Maybe before you shoot too many turkeys, you should find out if they are eating the ticks. I heard the Guini (?) hens are the things to buy to eat ticks... but they wake you up VERY early in the morning.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Default Canlyme.com

That was a good article in the Bangor Daily. The comments on the bottom from the public were also good. They suggest checking out the CANLYME.com, which is Canadas lyme page. First line...Maine's Lyme increases by 300%. I am going back and read some more.

Ticks are something that I haven't worried too much about here in New Brunswick, although I know they are here as well. After reading through this thread, I am going to be a lot more careful. Thanks for bringing this up!

Default Ticks and turkeys

Actually, most wild turkeys are covered with ticks. After gob-ler and I cleaned one the other day, I had a one running up my arm!

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Dubord, Maybe before you shoot too many turkeys, you should find out if they are eating the ticks. I heard the Guini (?) hens are the things to buy to eat ticks... but they wake you up VERY early in the morning.
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

So turkeys are another tick magnet. Poor things...