vb:literal>

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Another tick disease.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Vaseline suffocates them.
    Ummm . . . not so sure of that.

In my first aid classes I generally recommend extracting them . . . being careful to remove the head . . . and if need be see a doctor.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

My wife's grandfather in CT died many, many years ago as an indirect result of a tick bite. He came down with Rocky Mountain Fever and then had a stroke when he was recuperating from the illness . . .
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Vaseline does sufocate them. Now, I'm not sure if it's a good thing to do or not.
    The lit end of a cigar kills them too! I'm not sure if that's a good idea either.
    I do know that if you hold a shot glass full of tequila over the tick for five to six minutes; the tick will start to sing "Sweet Adiline"!

Default Huh?

Easy Pat! Just take the prescribed dosages of your meds!

Vaseline does sufocate them. Now, I'm not sure if it's a good thing to do or not.
    The lit end of a cigar kills them too! I'm not sure if that's a good idea either.
    I do know that if you hold a shot glass full of tequila over the tick for five to six minutes; the tick will start to sing "Sweet Adiline"!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Are yoiu pouring it over the tick, or just holding it over the tick? HMMM. If you google some of these tick diseases, you may not want to go out in the woods again. Guard rail caches are sounding better and better.:-)
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Are yoiu pouring it over the tick, or just holding it over the tick? HMMM. If you google some of these tick diseases, you may not want to go out in the woods again. Guard rail caches are sounding better and better.:-)
    Yeah, until you reach in the end and pull out a wasp's nest or a furry critter......OOPs! I forgot BEN!

The american family physicians web site says the following about ticks and their removal .
    http://www.aafp.org/afp/2002/0815/p646.html

The do's and dont's so to speak....I should say we just use the tick puller on any we get in us but just so you know what the doctors recommend......
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Interesting. Unfortunately, sometimes you do not know how long you have had the tick on your body, 24 hrs?, and sometimes you never even see the tick and get the symptoms and don't know what it is. If I had not seen the red rash and been reading about lyme the first time,due to my dogs illness, I would never have known it was lyme. It seemed like just the flu and I never saw a tick. A friend that works in the ER told me the same thing about his lyme illness last week. Only a certain percent of people even get a rash. It is a very strange disease to determine, and worth reading up on if you are spending time in the woods so you can be educated if you get sick.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Can you be born with Lime's disease?

Talking

Can you be born with Lime's disease?
    Yes, I've seen these poor children. Green orbs stuck to their little bodies and a light citrus smell in the air whenever they are near.