vb:literal>

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Another tick disease.

You put da lime in da coconut and steer it all up.

I think they can be cured by putting the lime in the coconut and drink it all up.

Hey, that previous comment wasn't there when I posted!

Dial up is always 10 minutes too slow

My the way, GeoKeiko was diagnosed with Lyme disease when we came back from our November vacation and found she had lost several pounds while we were gone and wasn't eating. Three trips to the vets for blood work, and some pills, and about $800, and she seems to have fully recovered. Last year my wife found a tick in my back that left it's head behind and my wife had to cut it out with a knife that left a scar for several months. I started with joint aches and feeling week and when I had a physical I told the doctor about it. She asked if I had a bullseye bruise around it and I said no. She said I didn't have Lyme then. I can't believe that is a surefire way of telling. Some people get stung by a bee and swell up to unbelievable size and can't breathe. I get stung by a dozen and it's just a ten minute inconvenience. I can't believe everyone will get bullseye marks from a tick infection. Guess I'll trust the doctors. After all, they don't make mistakes and they make real good money for it.

Freewill Darterkitfox. Always feel free to look into anything further. Get second opinions and research.

If I believed everything that people told me, bad guys would be roaming free, ghosts would be jumping out of every shadow and those aliens never would have let me go.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

So is this disease carried by wood ticks or deer ticks or both?[/QUOTE]

The disease is mostly in deer ticks but can be found in some dog ticks. Now, my question is, is a wood tick the same as a dog tick???
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default Permethrin

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    ....what are people doing to prevent/keep off ticks? Spray? Clothing? Duct tape? If you're opposed to chemicals, what steps do you take?
    There is a spray, available at WalMart and other places, that you spray on your clothes, good for 6 washings.. it's called permethrin. Just pick a set of "caching clothes", hang them on a line outside, spray well and wear the same clothes all summer.
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Default GRCs

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    . Guard rail caches are sounding better and better.:-)

GRCs are sounding better and better to me too. I think I'll just do GRCs for the summer. And I'm going to put one out here soon.. but ticks don't seem to be that big a problem here in the frozen north. I only get them when I cache in Augusta. So why don't you all come caching here? I love to meet other cachers!

Quote Originally Posted by kayaking loon View Post
    GRCs are sounding better and better to me too. I think I'll just do GRCs for the summer. And I'm going to put one out here soon.. but ticks don't seem to be that big a problem here in the frozen north. I only get them when I cache in Augusta. So why don't you all come caching here? I love to meet other cachers!
    I've never seen any ticks around my area, either. Anyone want to trade for some black flies?