vb:literal>

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Another tick disease.

Great guy, terrific musician, had the disease for many years, horrible by most accounts and took his own life as a result.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    I take it this Bill guy has a bad tick story?
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Hate it when Cheryl is right...the results were positive for Lyme disease. Actually it's nice to have a wife who cares as much as Cheryl does.

Sorry to hear that Vic Biker. Did they put your on doxycycline?
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

And one more thing....since one doctor told someone on here that they always will get a rash with lyme ..inquiring minds want to know...did you get a rash??

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Sorry to hear that Vic Biker. Did they put your on doxycycline?
    They did and to answer the other question I had the classic rash, but not all get the rash and some that do will have it some where they won't see it. What I did learn from this is to always listen to your wife and that deer ticks come in a variety of sizes. This second lesson is what almost got me into trouble, as I thought from what I had read that all deer ticks were the "period" size. Not true as adult deer ticks are the size of dog ticks with the females being slightly smaller then the males. The tick that got me was a female deer tick and not a wood or dog tick like I had thought it was. Never to old to learn.

Thats what I was told , that not all get the rash. I did have the classic rash also.
    Good to know about the size of ticks as people seem to think they are only very small.

Default $%^&*ing Ticks!

Hope you are ok, Vic. The ticks are unbelievable this year. We did the Dodge Point preserve caches today and 3 others. We both sprayed ourselves and re-sprayed midway through the hike with bug dope with Deet. So we get home and I'm about to jump in the shower and guess what I had on one of butt cheeks? Yeah, and clearly a deer tick but fortunately it had bitten me a couple of times but hadn't imbedded.

I hate these things but I'm not about to stop caching. We all need to be VERY dilligent now. The consequences of Lyme Disease are horrendous!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by dubord207 View Post
    I hate these things but I'm not about to stop caching. We all need to be VERY dilligent now. The consequences of Lyme Disease are horrendous!
    You are right Dan, we can't let the ticks win. Just have to check ourselves and each other more carefully. Maybe more boob marches would be a good idea or possibly group showers or naked hot tub parties.

Quote Originally Posted by vicbiker View Post
    You are right Dan, we can't let the ticks win. Just have to check ourselves and each other more carefully. Maybe more boob marches would be a good idea or possibly group showers or naked hot tub parties.
    I think if this is the case than we may pick our caching partners more carefully!
    You can't have everything. Where would you put it?-Steven Wright

Quote Originally Posted by Waterski View Post
    Thats what I was told , that not all get the rash. I did have the classic rash also.
    Good to know about the size of ticks as people seem to think they are only very small.
    The tick I had 2 years ago was the size of a fleck of pepper. It was a fully engorged female deer tick that tested positive for Lyme disease. (I didn't get a rash) Doxycycline is not for sissies. That stuff is murder on your stomach and digestive system!
    If you want to try cross country skiing, start with a small country