vb:literal>

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: Another tick disease.

I am glad that we are having such a long discussion on this issue and bringing it to the attention of many. Thanks for your imput everyone. I was told by a college student in the " know",that we needed 21 days of a certain frigid temp this winter, to help curtail the ticks and it did not happen. Look out everyone.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Went caching on Saturday . . . while at the Waterville event I casually reached down to scratch an itch and found a tick on my calf.

Then while hanging out at the hospital parking lot with Hiram (yeah, it's a long story, but don't worry . . . no geocachers were hurt in the telling of this story) I was running my fingers through my hair and found another.

Thought I had them all until I was down at the event in Portland . . . and found another on my arm.

Got home around 1 or so in the morning (it was a very long day for me) . . . undressed . . . and found one on my belly.

What the heck . . . until this year I never saw a tick except for the very occasional tick on my cats . . . never had any on me personally.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post

Then while hanging out at the hospital parking lot with Hiram (yeah, it's a long story, but don't worry . . . no geocachers were hurt in the telling of this story) I was running my fingers through my hair and found another.
    ......ok, now I'm confused. One more time, which of you is the tick magnet and which one the chick magnet?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pm28570 View Post
    ......ok, now I'm confused. One more time, which of you is the tick magnet and which one the chick magnet?
    Hehhehheh . . . made me laugh.

Hiram is the tick magnet . . . my mistake was in not caching with him in the a.m.

As for the chick magnet . . . that would be Maniac . . . he always gets the woman. It's true . . . ask him about the racks he was staring at the other day.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Did someone say Chick magnet? ........That would be me!
    No matter where I go, they seem to flock around me! I don't know why, but I don't complain.
    Maybe it's because I'm so shy!

Default Lyme Disease

Good article in today's Bangor Daily News.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapachi View Post
    Did someone say Chick magnet? ........That would be me!
    No matter where I go, they seem to flock around me! I don't know why, but I don't complain.
    Maybe it's because I'm so shy!
    Must be the artist in you
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Quote Originally Posted by pjpreb View Post
    Doxycycline is not for sissies. That stuff is murder on your stomach and digestive system!
    I think I've been quite lucky so far anyway...stomach cramps has been the biggest problem so far, although today my skin felt really weird all day...felt like rain was lightly falling on me, but it wasn't and when we went to get lunch I couldn't put my arm out of the window, because when I did it felt like it was on fire. Maybe be in the sun the past two days has something to do with my skin feeling like that.

That drug does make you more sensitive to the sun and they advise to avoid sun exposure....you probably already knew that.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

I was sitting outside this morning and Lee noticed something on my neck, sure enough it was a wood tick. I don't think it had buried far if at all but it's still creepy. I think it must have taken a ride from the south this weekend.

We should make up a name for that heebie jeebie feeling you get thinking about ticks. I overheard several people at the events comparing it to being alone with Hiram in the woods , but it should have an official name.

The offender has been incarcerated and is awaiting trial.
    Last edited by brdad; 05-04-2010 at 11:11 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."