vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened...?

Default What happened...?

Today Justkev and I did as we always have done and he plans a caching days worth of caches for us to go find on a specific route or with a goal in mind. He loaded them into the gps' and off we go to find them. Except this time when we got home and went to log the 16 caches we did today there was one I couldnt log.

See, as a married couple with one income, but still wanting to support as much of the sport/game as we are able we chose to put a preimum membership for our household under JustKev's caching name. One of the caches today was a preimum cache. Now I suspect we have done one or two of those in the past too and never had an issue with logging it but today not only couldnt i get in to log it but I cant even see it on my map.

Did they add or change this in the last updates they did to the geocaching.com site? Does anyone know? This kinda sucks now that we pay for something we cant use.....any thoughts or ideas?
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Default Hmmm...

Sounds like a members only cache. Yes these are for premium members. Not sure how you may have logged one in the past. Anyone??
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957 View Post
    Sounds like a members only cache. Yes these are for premium members. Not sure how you may have logged one in the past. Anyone??
    Seems I recall Brdad mentioning of a way for a regular member to log a premium cache. Dave?
    Everyone has the right to be an idiot at times. Just don't abuse the privilege.

Yes, there is a loophole which was intentionally left so that non-premium members can log members only caches.

This will be easy for you since JustKev has a premium account. All he has to do is visit the cache page under his account and click the "log your visit" link as if he were going to post a log. From there, either copy the ID number or the entire URL of that page. It will look like this, with a different ID number:

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/log.aspx?ID=46728

From there, just log into geocaching.com with your account, and then paste the URL into your browser, and log away!

A few cache owners do not approve of this practice, but have never heard of it being an issue locally.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Oh super thanks...i cant think of haw a family with a young child (who has their own caching name) can afford to pay for each family member...goodness if we were to do that it would cost us 90 dollars a year for us and our granddaughter too. we had decided not to go to any other preimum caches because of this happening again but if you say it isnt a local problem to do this logging this way then we wont worry about it now. Thank you for your help! I knew if anyone would know about this stuff you guy and gals would!

Pam
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

perhaps geocaching .com should consider a "family membership" for a little more of a yearly cost that you could include up to 3 or 4 cachers in it . That way a family could all enjoy the benefits of membership without breaking the food budget. I ,of course, dont know if something like this would be possible to do but it would we a welcome thing for us and I wouldnt mind paying a bit more for a family either.

I think there might be too much abuse with a family plan. There is no way to regulate who is actually using the accounts, and the extra accounts could be given to or sold to friends.

However, as I said it is an intentional loophole so you are not doing anything wrong by logging in that manner.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

yes i suppose there will always be those that would abuse something like that. Shame tho. Thanks again for your help kev and I got 18 more today and one puzzle cache of mapachi's that iam tickled to get too. his wildbunch series! woo hoo. Had a good day. Thanks to Mapachi for those. We enjoyed them

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    yes i suppose there will always be those that would abuse something like that. Shame tho. Thanks again for your help kev and I got 18 more today and one puzzle cache of mapachi's that iam tickled to get too. his wildbunch series! woo hoo. Had a good day. Thanks to Mapachi for those. We enjoyed them
    You guys always write such wonderful logs on your finds!
    This is one of the things that makes hidding a cache so much fun. My thanks to you and to all the other cachers who take the time to enter more then TFTCSL.

Your comment makes the logs well worth while.