vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Military Cacher Thread

Default Military Cacher Thread

This is a thread for non-military cachers to give thanks to all those military cachers who have served or who are serving for the sacrifices they have made which protect the freedoms so easily taken for granted.

It would also be great to hear from those veterans and perhaps hear what branch of the service they have served in and any other information they would like to share.
    Last edited by brdad; 04-14-2010 at 10:45 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I have never served, but my father was in the Army National Guard for most of his adult years and I have a brother that served in the Navy.

Not many days go by that I don't try to remember the sacrifices that have been made and are being made so that we can do such trivial things like geocaching and hiking and otherwise enjoying our country. Thanks to you all.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

WhereRWe? served 22 years in the US Army, serving in Vietnam, Texas, Belgium (7 years), Virginia, Turkey and North Carolina. I was a Personnel Sergeant.

RULost2? spent 20 years in the US Army, serving in Tennessee, Arizona, Belgium, Virginia, Turkey (twice) and North Carolina. She was an Administrative Spe******t.

Son of WhereRWe? and RULost2? is currently serving in the US Navy. He served as a photographer/photojournalist in Rota, Spain, and is currently a Legalman (Paralegal) at Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. He next wants an assignment in Japan, so we'll probably visit him there, too. LOL!

Last edited by WhereRWe?; 04-14-2010 at 06:05 PM.

I served for 4 years in the U.S.A.F. I started in Grand Forks, N. Dakota (An indian term for Hell on Earth), Riyadh, Saudi Arabia during Operation Desert Shield, Dyarbakir, Turkey for Operations Desert Storm and Provide Comfort and finished off at Griffiss AFB, in upstate New York. I also served for 4 years in the National Guard. Sadly, every base I was stationed at has closed.
    Geocaching Parrotheads

Why can't we get a government sponsered tick eradication program?

I spent a tad over 10 years in the Army serving in Military Intelligence. I spent time in Massachusetts, West Germany near the East German border until the wall fell, Texas, Arizona, and what I like to call the three country tour of Saudi Arabia, Iraq, Kuwait and then back to Saudi Arabia during the 1991 Gulf War. I want to thank everyone for the comments on the ten years thread. Brdad, I have been slowly caching my way to Bangor and will be taking you up on your offer to go caching. I am planning to attend the 10th anniversary event in Augusta on May 2nd and hope to meet many of you there.

U.S.M.C. 3 yrs (cut short by knee injury/medical discharge), 1st Tanks out of 29 Palms, CA here...

4 years in the Army Security Agency. Stationed at Fort Devans Mass. and Hezogenaurach Germany (Near Nurmberg). I Was a Spec 5 and my MOS was 05k20 (Secret spook stuff!)

Default Marine Corps

I spent nearly 12 years in the Marine Corps. Boot camp - Parris Island. School - MCCES 29 Palms, CA. Duty stations - Camp Pendleton, CA; Okinawa, Japan; Cherry Point, NC; Camp LeJeune, NC and was briefly at the I&I Staff at Topsham, ME where I ended my career for personal reasons.

I never went in the military. My wife spent six years in the army, mostly working in the Public Affairs office. I don't know all the places she went, but she did do two tours in South Korea, one of which was during the Summer Olympics in Seoul, South Korea in in 1988.
    Oscilating between remarkable brillance and sheer stupidity with amazing regularity.

I thank you all for serving. Diabetes kept me from serving. I even tried the National Guard thinking back then that they always stayed here and why not. Of course now I know better.

I really wish there were no wars going on and that the ones we are in would end soon. Your sacrifice is appreciated tremendously.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.