vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A fond farewell

Good luck in all your endeavors. We're going to miss you around here.

I saw you at 3 different events but never learned your names, only your caching handles. My names not Darter by the way, it's Stephen. Have fun in Florida and watch those holes in trees. I found that out the hard way a few weeks back. My snake wasn't poisonous but the next one might be.

Lightbulb Keep in mind...

Many of you don't know, but they are from central Florida. They really have been visiting us here and are now going home. Ben, Tina have a great life down there. I enjoyed my 10 years in Orlando with all there is to do. Keep in touch.
    Happy Trails!

Thank you everyone. Your comments mean so much to us. I can't even describe how much we will miss our friends here. We don't have family here, but I feel like since we began caching we've formed relationships that are just as good. Cachers, in general, are the kindest people we have met and all of you have made this year incredible. This was our best year in Maine and I know cachers/caching greatly contributed to that. You all have shown us Maine beauty, kindness and fun that we may have overlooked before.

When we left Florida to move to Maine in 2006 we were excited about the adventures and opportunities ahead of us, but we were terribly saddened about how much we'd be missing our families (our parents, siblings and grandparents are all in Central Florida). We basically feel the same thing right now... we are so excited about Ben's new job opportunity and I am COMPLETELY looking forward to being only an hour away from my parents (I can go home to "visit" and come back with 3 weeks of leftovers! We're never buying groceries again!). But, we're leaving behind another family.

Thanks to everyone for the kind comments. We love you all. With FaceBook, this forum and e-mail I am sure we'll be able to continue harassing everyone... but we'll miss the events and Maine caching. See you all in a couple weeks at the 10th anniversary events I will be the one sobbing, Ben will be the one making a last attempt to discover every trackable in Maine, lol.

Default Sorry To See You Go!

I have enjoyed meeting you! And enjoyed your salad at the Eustis event.. and the cheesecake at Aloha... and it was just nice to meet and know you. Happy (and safe) caching in Florida!
    "There is nothing- absolutely nothing- half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats". Wind In the Willows

Hey...just remember that NC is only a few states away.
    "Keep on reaching for the stars. You may find that someday you can pull yourself out of the gutter."

And Georgia is only a hop ,skip and a jump!!!! Good luck and we just might run into one another at some point.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up

To Ben and Tina...

We've met a few times and I have enjoyed you being part of the geo community in Maine. Having lived a few years away from Maine, let me offer this. While you are in Florida, please remember these things:

- Isn't it a joy to experience four distinct seasons?
    - Isn't it a joy to experience Chrismas with snow on the ground? and
    sleighs? and Christmas carolers? Like you see in the movies? 'It's a
    wonderful life' really does exist.
    - Any mountains in Florida? Any rivers, lakes and streams with trout?
    - If your car breaks down, will someone come along and offer you a ride
    home....and let you stay at their house for the night?
    - If you can't find a cache, will the cache owner show up and help you
    find it?
    - Do you really like termites eating your foundation, snakes in the caches
    that you reach into, or worrying about alligators in the ditches and
    ponds that have caches?

I wish you everything positive in life. But if you ever find yourself wondering where to move to next.....please consider Maine as a great place to move to.

No takebacks.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.