vb:literal>

Thread: Virtuals from the BBQ

Unhappy Virtuals from the BBQ

Thought you guys would like to know since a few of you asked if I would. I submitted the virtuals from "going around augusta"... that you all hunted for at the BBQ.

But they were each denied.

Sorry.

Denied????? Did they say why???

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Denied????? Did they say why???
    Yes, they said they are limiting "virtuals" and that I should place a cache at all of these places.

But really... did you see how there could be a cache (even a micro) at those places?

From the geocaching.com cache submission guidelines:

"A virtual cache must be novel, of interest to other players, and have a special historic, community or geocaching quality that sets it apart from everyday subjects. Since the reward for a virtual cache is the location, the location should “WOW” the prospective finder. Signs, memorials, tombstones or historical markers are among the items that are generally too common to qualify as virtual caches. Unusual landmarks or items that would be in a coffee table book are good examples. If you don't know if it is appropriate, contact your local approver first, or post a question to the forums about your idea."

"Prior to considering a virtual cache, you must have given consideration to the question “why couldn’t a microcache or multi-cache be placed there?” Physical caches have priority, so please consider adding a micro or making the location a step in an offset or multi-stage cache with the physical cache placed in an area that is appropriate."

The spots you chose were interesting. Lee and I really loved the cemetery (Of course, you had to go past the plaque to see it), and she liked the girl holding the bird a lot. But in reality, Any or all of those locations could have been used as a multi (Like my Battleship cache).

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    From the geocaching.com cache submission guidelines:

The spots you chose were interesting. Lee and I really loved the cemetery (Of course, you had to go past the plaque to see it), and she liked the girl holding the bird a lot. But in reality, Any or all of those locations could have been used as a multi (Like my Battleship cache).

But that gives me thought!! I could do something a little different and place ONE cache at the end.... ummmm, ideas...