vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cool Things Found in Caches

Default Cool Things Found in Caches

Yesterday Justkev and I went out in the rain and snow to go for a ride and ended up getting 28 caches along the way. Along with a wonderful day we got some pretty neat stuff out of the caches.

We got several signature items which I just love to find, and one pathtag that kev mentioned in another post, but we also got a 1944 centavo from the Philipines when the U.S. was in control of it. Now it isnt worth a whole lot but I thought it was a cool thing ....Kev and I are gonna log all our finds this afternoon when he gets home from work as we were so darn tired when we got home yesterday so the CO will get a note on which cache we found it in later today.

I was wondering what is the neatest thing you ever found in a cache???
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Quote Originally Posted by JustPJ66 View Post
    Yesterday Justkev and I went out in the rain and snow to go for a ride and ended up getting 28 caches along the way. Along with a wonderful day we got some pretty neat stuff out of the caches.

We got several signature items which I just love to find, and one pathtag that kev mentioned in another post, but we also got a 1944 centavo from the Philipines when the U.S. was in control of it. Now it isnt worth a whole lot but I thought it was a cool thing ....Kev and I are gonna log all our finds this afternoon when he gets home from work as we were so darn tired when we got home yesterday so the CO will get a note on which cache we found it in later today.

I was wondering what is the neatest thing you ever found in a cache???
    I collect bottle openers I find in caches, those are my favorite things to find.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

We often find pins in caches. I have a whole bunch on a lanyard - I'll try and start bringing it to events.

Home made signature items are always the best. I have found a few other items that I could not prove but were home made, like the 3 piece chicken dinner (Sounds like a wannabe Laughing Terry Sig!),

One of my first sigs I collected was left for me in a cache by an out of stater I had befriended online and was unable to meet up with when they visited Maine, it is a neat hand carved pin.

DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Brdad - you need to repost the link to your sig item collection!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    Brdad - you need to repost the link to your sig item collection!
    Why didn't I think about that?
    maybe it's because I am waaaaay behind on updating the site.

http://bytethebullet.com/geocaching/signature_items.htm
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Very cool brdad. Like that page. From looking at that page I have a few of those but not many. It seems that most people like signature items and I do as well.

I saw a show on geocaching sometime ago and someone got an amtrack ticket from a cache. I think it was the FTF prize but not sure.

That is the fun of it you never know what you will find next!
    Hey! Dont forget to submit your suggestions for the Ammo Can! It's your newsletter. Help to make it wonderful!! P.S. I apologize now for the typos and misspellings in my post.

Ben was VERY excited when I told him about this post. He loves leaving wheat cents and foreign coins in caches and said the Philipines centavo is one of his favorites. He said he's left quite a few (you would think I know this since I am standing right there when he leaves them, lol) and the 1944 is the most common, so it is entirely possible he left the one you picked up!

We love signature items and have found some really cool ones... but I think the coolest thing we've found was a handmade belt buckle. It was made from like a piece of a deer's antler and had a bunch of pretty stones inside the hollow part. It's pretty neat.

Oh cool....Makes the centavo all the more special knowing who left it. Thanks!

I like foreign coins. That's actually the only think I trade.
    Moo