vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Relay for Life in June

Thumbs up Relay for Life in June

The Relay for Life in Hancock County is June 5th. We are doing a fund raising raffle. If you would like to help please contact me here through my profile or on Facebook. If you have been touched by cancer in any way then you know what getting more money for research means. A lot of effort was put into this and I am in hopes of great results. I will post a photo. Thank you...
    Happy Trails!

On the Team...........thanks Mainiac1957 for posting. Also - the Relay for Life pathtags from last year are all gone (the folks who have already contacted me are covered) unless there is a team member from last year that has a few left.

Thumbs up Want to join the team?

A team of geocachers has participated in the Hancock County Relay For Life in Ellsworth the past two years. It's really cool that cachers come, camp overnight, walk the track at designated times, and (most importantly) raise money for cancer research and for programs that directly support cancer patients. We get pledges and donations from friends, relatives, co-workers, etc. and it all goes to the team total. Last year we raised over $3,800! There is a big Maine Geocachers sign at our campsite and, of course, we're more than happy to explain to all the people there what geocaching is all about.

This year's event is at the same location: Middle School track behind Dunkin Donuts on Rt 1A coming into Ellsworth from the north. Dates are Fri/Sat June 4th and 5th. Set up starts at 3:00pm on Friday, at least one walker from each team starts at 4:00pm and the big opening ceremony is at 6:00pm. Immediately following (around 6:15) is the emotional survivor/caregiver lap which is something to behold.

Do you know someone who has been touched by cancer? I'll bet you do. Geocachers are some of the nicest people in the world and you all do many things to make this world a better place. Here's another opportunity to do something positive and enjoy the company of other geocachers at the same time. We'd love to have more members on our team....you can join us by going to www.relayforlife.org/hancockme. Maine Geocachers is our team and there is a lot of information on the website which might answer any questions that you have. You can also contact any of us who you see on the list of team members. Won't you join us?

We don't get the newspaper, but today Lee and I were informed we were on the front? page of the Bangor Daily this weekend walking in the Relay for Life in Old Town.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/144139.html

Still hoping to make it to Ellsworth at least for the survivors lap.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    We don't get the newspaper, but today Lee and I were informed we were on the front? page of the Bangor Daily this weekend walking in the Relay for Life in Old Town.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/144139.html

Still hoping to make it to Ellsworth at least for the survivors lap.
    And we certainly are looking forward to you joining us! Ralph will be there too for one of those rare - Hollora's husband sightings!

Thumbs up Hancock County Relay for Life - Count Down!

Hi Friends - Relay is but four short days away! Although some of our regulars may not be with us - we are looking forward to a good turn out this year. As it looks right now, we may not be able to have someone on the track "at all times" but will do the best we can.

Our Team Captain EMSDanel is busy as usual with overall Relay duties so here is what I know...........

The following will be participating and have signed up on the Relay web site for this year: Dan (our Capt); Brad & Kathy (mainiac1957 & quilting mom); Dan Dubord and Di (dubord207); Diana Bean (we3beans); Karen Wilcox (kachingkaren) and me (hollora). I have also heard that Mike Marino (ekidokai) may be joining us.

Don't be shy - if you want to walk and haven't signed up - come join us anyway. We would love to have you sign up on line but don't stay away if you haven't. I know some folks have a difficult time navigating the website for Relay.

Just email or PM us for directions or go to the web site. The opening ceremony, luminaria ceremony and closing ceremonies are very moving. We will have a camp site, probably some food (pot luck) and a camp fire (Brad and Mike are bringing the things for that).

There are still plenty of tickets available for the quilt Kathy and I made. A $2 donation for one ticket or $5 for 3 tickets and you just could be the proud owner of this beautiful piece. Contact us for tickets. It will be drawn off at closing ceremonies on Saturday AM.

So - if you would like to donate and can't make it to the event (and we take donations there too) - here is the link. http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR/Re...am&fr_id=23407

So many have been touched by cancer........it's not a matter of if - it's probably more about when and how..........these Relays pave the financial way for research and for the ACS to provide resources for those effected.

Thank you one and all for your support!

Well - today is the day! Relay starts at 4PM and at 6PM the Survivor Lap will take place. This is the 3rd year a group of Maine Geocachers have participated in the event. We still need a few more dollars to become an award winning team for our second year.

Won't you please consider helping us by making an on line donation at this link - https://secure3.convio.net/tacs/site...&PROXY_TYPE=22 - if you have not already done so. If you have already made a donation, we thank you!

Also, all Geocachers are welcome to come and walk a lap or two with us. There is a Relay Store, food to purchase and lots of other fun things. This is being held in Ellsworth ME at the Middle School, right behind Dunkin' Donuts.

sorry we could not make it after all.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Relay Report

First, sorry Lee and Dave couldn't make it and we all understand why. The Relay makes all the sense in the world when our friends are facing the challenge.

Dan did a great job stepping up and serving as MC when this year's chairperson got sick in the last few days. Jean Fogelberg and the research doctor from Jackson Lab presented some inspirational comments.

Then the various recently diagnosed and the recent survivors walked out of the bleaches to take the first lap around the track. As Di and I remained in the bleaches with Eikodokie I told Mike straight out that this was one time in my life that I was happy to be sitting with the minority and not with the mass of folks on the track with real life experiences with cancer.

Di is running a huge event with the Maine Osteopathic Association next week at the Samoset so we left early so she could get to work early tomorrow finishing up loose ends. I may be stuffing envelopes tomorrow to pitch in.

Nice that a few Maine geocachers pitched in for this event again this year. We'll do it again next year, for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    sorry we could not make it after all.
    Your sign was there and it looked great in the group photos!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

How did the geocaching group do for fundraising? I have not checked the site lately.
    Wish I could have been there but I was running another event in Bar Harbor. Maybe next year if it is a different weekend. Thanks everyone for representing my donation.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."