vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bangor Daily

Hybrid View

Default Bangor Daily

Just got off the phone with a local journalist. Took a cameraman out yesterday and was told the story should run in Saturdays paper. It should be about the anniversary and fun filled caching info.

Unfortunately she started out talking to Brdad so the story might have a horribly awkward atisamicroed slant to it. I tried my best to steer them in the right direction. I spent 2 hours with the cameraman showing him how to run his Nuvi for caching.
    Last edited by Ekidokai; 04-27-2010 at 09:45 PM.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

Hmmm, I don't recall mentioning how pointless micros can appear to some cachers, especially when placed every 528 feet for 80 miles....

It will be interesting to see the article!
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I think Khela did a great job on the article, but I may be biased!

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/142386.html
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

I have moved this thread to General Geocaching discussion because some people are restricted to posting to the news area (not sure why), and could not reply.

Quote Originally Posted by russme08 View Post
    Excellent story/pics promoting geocaching in Maine. Find it at bangordailynews.com, Saturday, May 1, 2010 issue.
    Again, I may be biased, but yes, it was nice! Thanks!
    Last edited by brdad; 05-02-2010 at 05:21 AM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

Default Great Article

Thanks for moving the thread, Dave. I did try to post last nite and could not.

Very fair, even and balanced article as a politician would say! Kudos to you and Mike once again for promoting the sport!
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad View Post
    Hmmm, I don't recall mentioning how pointless micros can appear to some cachers, especially when placed every 528 feet for 80 miles....

It will be interesting to see the article!
    Funny thing .... last week I was running for an FTF (last Sunday) in Lebanon, ME along the Maine/NH border on Rt. 202 and on the way home I stopped for a quick film canister-in-the-guard rail park n grab.... and guess WHO was the last cacher to sign the log.... and EARLIER THAT DAY.....?

Brdad. Go figure.... I thought you didn't do micros like that.

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    Funny thing .... last week I was running for an FTF (last Sunday) in Lebanon, ME along the Maine/NH border on Rt. 202 and on the way home I stopped for a quick film canister-in-the-guard rail park n grab.... and guess WHO was the last cacher to sign the log.... and EARLIER THAT DAY.....?

Brdad. Go figure.... I thought you didn't do micros like that.
    A month or so ago, I received an email from a journalist asking about knowledgeable cachers in the Bangor area. Brdad was the first name that came to my mind. I think the resulting article in the BDN was excellent. And I don't think this thread requires any pejorative remarks. Are you jealous? Do you think that your limited knowledge of geocaching is worthy of a newspaper article?

It was a nice POSITIVE article regarding geocaching ....thanks to all that contributed to that article. Good job.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    A month or so ago, I received an email from a journalist asking about knowledgeable cachers in the Bangor area. Brdad was the first name that came to my mind. I think the resulting article in the BDN was excellent. And I don't think this thread requires any pejorative remarks. Are you jealous? Do you think that your limited knowledge of geocaching is worthy of a newspaper article?
    No. I am not jealous. I merely was looking for a way to broach this tidbit of finding Brdad's log for a micro and teasing him about it. And what are you trying to say about my "limited knowledge" of Geocaching? Please, lay it on me..... and I promise to respond in kind.....

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe? View Post
    What is there really TO know about Geocaching? When it comes down to it, it's pretty simple. It's probably knowledge of GPS units and GSAK which people are lacking in.