vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Many TB's Missing Recently

Default Many TB's Missing Recently

I have noticed that at a few caches I have visited it lists many TB's in the inventory. When I get to the cache there are no TB's and no mention of anyone taking any TB's in the log book or online.

A few big ones recently were

GCJHNB Jetport Travel Bug Hotel 5 Trackables Missing

GC17M27 Bears In The Bushes 4 Trackables Missing

GCxH5M B.F.I 8 Trackables Missing

There are always a few missing here and there but this is a bit rediculous. This seems to be more than your average cacher forgetting to log a trackable here and there.

This is my pet peeve. Cache owners not keeping the online database updated. What I see a lot is a cache will get muggled, then replaced and the hider will not take care of the trackables.

Sometimes the trackables do go missing for a while for one reason or another and not logged, but the muggles and the hiders are the biggest culprits here.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I did not think of it that way when I posted Ekidokai, which may account for a few of the missing TB's. But at GCJHNB The cache owner, and somebody else dropped off some TB's right before I went there. I was planning on trading some TB's and drove to this cache just for that.Pop the top off and empty. Just 11 days go by and they are allready gone with no mention.

Well, that is little queer. Has anyone visited the cache and not logged the travel bugs yet. I know on the weekends with all the mail I get on finds it might take a few days to get the travel bugs logged. There are a few variables that prevent taking action on missing travel bugs right away.

But that is suspicious.
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I just bring this up because I have noticed it is pretty bad in this area of the state lately. Many times I will see somebody put in a note of a TB drop, and I am the next person to log both the book and online but there is no TB. I doubt the person that made the drop is lying... I doubt a muggle would take the TB, but not the other stuff and leave the container. Is somebody going around and just taking TB's for the heck of it, It isn't like they can sell them or make them their own. All they can do is stuff it in a drawer somewhere. Maybe I am just thinking into it a bit too much.

We noticed B.F.I. didn't have any when we logged it. Mentioned it in our log online.

Quote Originally Posted by Ekidokai View Post
    This is my pet peeve. Cache owners not keeping the online database updated. What I see a lot is a cache will get muggled, then replaced and the hider will not take care of the trackables.

Sometimes the trackables do go missing for a while for one reason or another and not logged, but the muggles and the hiders are the biggest culprits here.
    Is there a way for the cache owner to update the trackables?
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Sheesh! The is definitely one of my pet peeves, as well. But sometime TB's/Coins mysteriously reappear.

Here are a couple of examples that happened to us:

Placed a geocoin in a cache
    in Spain, next to log didn't find it, etc. Now 2 years later, someone says they found it in the cache.

A White Jeep TB (2005) disappears in 2005, reappears in 2009.

Now I wish some of my other TB's would reappear. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    Is there a way for the cache owner to update the trackables?
    A cache owner can mark a TB as missing. I have never used this feature - I feel weird marking it as missing if someone has just not logged it yet.

But perhaps if it's not in the cache and has not been for an extended time it would be the right thing to do? 1 month? 6 months? 1 year?
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Do you ever wonder if people say they dropped a coin somewhere, only to keep it for their collection? Makes you wonder when they are gone as soon as you go to find them, like some of you have mentioned. NAAAAA- couldn't happen.
    "Always remember that you are unique, just like everyone else."