Okay, time for my views on this GPS accuracy and such....

.... Groundspeak expects Geocaching to be a game played using technology and PRECISE GPS cords to locate a cache. Of course, no GPS will walk you directly to a cache and find it for you.... however if you know how to utilize your GPSr correctly, regardless of the type of GPSr (at least for more contemporary ones with the High Sensitivity receivers of the last few years in them) you can place a cache and have accurate enough cords to walk a cacher within 7-10 feet of it which is much better than getting you within 60 feet and having to just search and search and search aimlessly. 95% of my caches have very precise cords, as the cachers who have found them can and will attest to. I pride myself on my cords. But we all know that there are cache placers out there who have terrible cords, which happens either by accident or on purpose to make it more difficult on finders. This has been happening in my area recently with a certain cacher who's cords seem to be off by between 60 and 150 feet everytime I look for his caches. He has actually stopped placing caches because of the complaints from other cachers. There is no excuse for bad cords. Tree cover? Bad weather? It can all be remedied by lots of averaging and testing of your cords.