vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RE: Nanos

Default RE: Nanos

I know, I know, I know . . . I'm not a big fan of these, but sometimes they work well in the right environment.

So I have two questions . . . folks that have used these before . . . where did you get them?

Second question . . . what exactly are these containers originally used for . . . I mean I would find it shocking to find out that they are only used by geocaching.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

This will shock some people, but like micros, nanos have their place. It's just not EVERY place!!!!!!!!!!

The containers originally were for a blinky, a flashing light that would stick to metal buttons on clothing etc...

I know you can get them online, and you may call Sudonim at his business and see if he has any in his geocaching section.
    Last edited by brdad; 04-29-2010 at 06:23 PM.
    DNFTT! DNFTT! DNFTT!

"The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realize it doesn't say anything it's to late to stop reading it..."

Default Nanos

I've found the ones from DeLorme are as good as any. The ones with external magnets are junk and won't last a Maine winter.

Nanos are used by urologists as a post vasectomy test kit to make sure the surgery "took."
    Sometimes the road less traveled is less traveled for a reason.

I hate nanos!
    I have no enemies, but I'm intensely disliked by my friends.

I bought mine for cheap on eBay. Just search "nano geocache" on eBay and you can find a good deal. Geocaching.com is a rip off for ANY type of cache container so don't buy from them....

.... Dan I didn't know that Delorme sells nanos??? I do know they have bison tubes at their map store in Yarmouth, but maybe you are confusing bison tubes which are micros (nanos are micros too but bison tubes are not nanos) for a true nano.... then again, weren't you the guy who claimed that a maganetic key holder was a small ? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by CARoperPhotography View Post
    I bought mine for cheap on eBay. Just search "nano geocache" on eBay and you can find a good deal. Geocaching.com is a rip off for ANY type of cache container so don't buy from them....

.... Dan I didn't know that Delorme sells nanos??? I do know they have bison tubes at their map store in Yarmouth, but maybe you are confusing bison tubes which are micros (nanos are micros too but bison tubes are not nanos) for a true nano.... then again, weren't you the guy who claimed that a maganetic key holder was a small ? ;-)
    you know how it goes. Two guys standing in a river, one guys says the water is deep, the other guy says the water is cold....
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Delorme

They now have nanos as well. I just bought a few last weekend.

And you're right, I used to call key holders "small" but now know they're micros. I'm still not a huge fan but sometimes nanos are the only caches that can be placed in a scenic spot.

What are their prices like for nanos?

The nanos are like 9 bucks each at delorme. A bit pricy.

Default DeLorme

Yeah, I think they were a bit on the pricey side but I like to shop at places that support my hobbies and DeLorme is one of them. Any of you that attended the MGA Rally last year know how much DeLorme contributed to that super event.

What are their prices like for nanos?